240 Leemar sps build

I saw your lighting schedule, would you mind sharing your bulb combo? Also, what supplements you use (CARX or dosing? other trace elements or aminos?) and whether you use biopellets or some other carbon dosing method?

Also interested in your filtration. Those corals look great, keep it up! I am on the central coast, if you ever head west from the valley and want to visit a tank, give me a holler!

Also, if you ever frag some of those suckers like the superman or the spainbow, I'd be interested. Great growth shots.
 
I saw your lighting schedule, would you mind sharing your bulb combo? Also, what supplements you use (CARX or dosing? other trace elements or aminos?) and whether you use biopellets or some other carbon dosing method?

Also interested in your filtration. Those corals look great, keep it up! I am on the central coast, if you ever head west from the valley and want to visit a tank, give me a holler!

Also, if you ever frag some of those suckers like the superman or the spainbow, I'd be interested. Great growth shots.


Hi! I use the following combination from the ATI website:
8-Bulb combination
  • 5 ATI Blue Plus
  • 2 ATI Coral Plus
  • 1 ATI Purple Plus

I dose 2 part with my Apex and DOS. I'm dosing about 350ml of each daily over a 24 hour period. Nothing else besides a skimmer. The Super Reef Octopus 5000 is a beast!!! Pulls out tons of gunk. I think I will be order the AVAST 5gal locker for the skimmate soon.

I wouldn't mind checking out your tank. I will send you a pm! :)
 
You have a beautiful tank. What do you keep your levels at.

I shoot in the neighborhood of 7 for Alk, 400 Ca, 0 Nitrates and under 0.1 phosphates. Although my phosphates this last year have been about 0.3
 
Last edited:
very nice!

Do you dose anything besides alk and calc? Also, with phosphates that high how do you keep algae at bay? What is your clean up crew?
 
Thanks, I also dose Mg, I, K, and Sr as needed. My tangs help with the algae, while my clean up crew is about 15 turbo snails.
 
Amazing!!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 19.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 2.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new