240g Display 540g system

I want to bump this and see if anyone has any thoughts on how to reduce micro bubbles when using this kind of rubbermaid sump.
 
I got some new fish the other day, 7" Blonde Naso, 6" Mature Ringtail and a 6" PBT along with a pair of mandarins.

Each of the tangs is currently in their own 30-40g QT's and being treated with copper. After one day only the Naso is eating, although they all ate in the store so I am sure they are stressed from the 5 hours trip from the store. The PBT won't stop swimming in circles.

I also have a call into wet pets hawaii to get me a show size Achilles for a good price and he things he can do it s we will see, that should just about finish the tank along with the blue spot ray that is coming in to the LFS on monday.
 
Got maybe the last fish for a while, a Diamond Blue spotted Stingray, not to be confused with the blue spotted ribbon tail ray Ate 3 hours after I put it in the tank, pretty good looking fish.
 

Attachments

  • Ray.jpg
    Ray.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 117
How hot does the top of your tank get with the reflectors that close? I would be worried about cracking the acrylic.
 
Not that hot at all really, like 110°F maybe? Alot hotter on the acrylic inserts that are right below the lights, I guess if I see some degregation in them then I can move the lights up a little.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 41 31.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new