View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_7525.jpeg
IMG_7526.jpeg
IMG_7527.jpeg
IMG_7533.jpeg
Still fighting some LCA and SCA Dino’s but looks like the diatoms are starting to take hold.

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Going to be looking for another 16HD for lighting shadowing doesn’t bother me but would like to eventually keep SPS in the tank

Txoutlaw

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah i know all about it.I follow them on Instagram and on their story line they'll post all the fish they got in.when i get there half of them are gone.they do take orders on fish and will get it there by the next week though. anyway, its good seeing another Valley Reefer and there is two other guys on here too.they live in Donna, McAllen and i live in Palm Valley.

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally starting to beat dinos I think. They do not seem to be as prominate on the sandbed as they once were. Been dosing silicates, but the last three weeks work has been a bear and I have been traveling to different contests around Texas with students. I have not dosed any silicates in about three weeks. Going to pull some water and take a look under the microscope tonight and see whats going on. Finally caught the whelk that has been killing my snails so that turd it gone. All the old zoas from my 4g tank seem to be doing good and opening but are stretching for light since I have the lights at a lower setting. Will take some pictures and post later tonight.

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I’m feeling a lot better now. Took a look under microscope and all I see is diatoms. Out of 10 different samples from the sand bed, rocks, back glass and every where else noting swimming around. This is closest thing that I see to a Dino.
IMG_7872.jpeg

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know I have a pistol shrimp in the tank. Been hearing clicking and thought it was one of the pumps. Took them apart and cleaned them all up and still clicking. Turned off and the pumps on feed mode and still clicking. Now I have the water bottle trap in the tank for the last two days trying to catch the little bugger but nothing yet. I and when I catch it will post some pictures. Going ot check with LFS and see if they want it or will trade a cheap coral frag for it.

lex8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered 15lbs dry and 2 small foundation rocks from BRS... Didnt end up using all the rock and everytime I walk by the tank I think i have too much rock in it.

I feel the same about mine! I'm going to pull some of it from the display and break it up to use in the filter chambers.

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel the same about mine! I'm going to pull some of it from the display and break it up to use in the filter chambers.
I have about 15lbs total in mine and I don’t think it’s enough. Will probably order another 10lbs liverock soon to add to what I have already. Trying to build it up closer to the light for SPS one day.

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I caught the little turkey and it wasn’t a pistol shrimp. It was a smasher mantis shrimp. It’s about 2 inches long. Hopefully no more clicking sounds.
image.jpg

OP
OP
DDenny

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are a couple update photos not much but it’s getting there. Hammer and torch seem to be opening up a little more each day but they are small frags only about the size of a quarter.
IMG_7914.jpeg
IMG_7915.jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 132 88.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back