25 lagoon stocking

pcon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will however be getting a captive bread Cherub for my frag tank. Watch someone give me detritus for putting a 1"-2.5" inch fish all alone in a 25x15x8 tank. While they have 15 8"-18" tangs, angels and wrasse in a 72" 180 gallon bumping into eachother and corals all day. Drrr I have a 180, i can do whatever i want... OK SeaWorld. Im ready for that debate so bring it on, the math is on my side.

I guess if you ask so nicely I will step up to give you “detritus” :
ORA, the breeder, recommends a 75gal for the cherubs. Don’t know what “math is on your side” but I’m going to say they probably know better than anyone in the thread on the subject. They also have a vested interest in making that number as small as possible, as it means they can sell more fish. Just something to consider.

Also the wrasse is probably going to out compete the mandarin for pods. Supplemental feeding frequently enough for the mandarin might be difficult given the filtration of an AIO. Not impossible but something to consider, how much effort Is that particular family worth to you.

PicassoClown04

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 180, if properly seeded, the wrasse and mandarin will coexist peacefully and will both have plenty of food.

Fish don’t really have a ‘maximum tank size’? I don’t know where that’s coming from? I could put a Catalina goby into a 450 gallon if I wanted to I mean nobody is gonna say ‘That fish has too much space, move it to a smaller tank’ cause that fish would have way more space in the ocean. In this case, I would have a smaller tank to back up into or a large acclimation box ready just because I have found that captive bred fish come in TINY so you might wanna grow it out a little just to make sure it is able to compete for food in a tank that large. Long term, it will be happy.

Actually, considering your tank size, your list is super short. You’re not adding in like a pair of clowns, flasher wrasse, or anything? I guess you can always add more in the future and since your list is super short right now you will definitely not have a problem with overstocking.

your tank is gonna look awesome!

mattzang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In a 180, if properly seeded, the wrasse and mandarin will coexist peacefully and will both have plenty of food.

Fish don’t really have a ‘maximum tank size’? I don’t know where that’s coming from? I could put a Catalina goby into a 450 gallon if I wanted to I mean nobody is gonna say ‘That fish has too much space, move it to a smaller tank’ cause that fish would have way more space in the ocean. In this case, I would have a smaller tank to back up into or a large acclimation box ready just because I have found that captive bred fish come in TINY so you might wanna grow it out a little just to make sure it is able to compete for food in a tank that large. Long term, it will be happy.

Actually, considering your tank size, your list is super short. You’re not adding in like a pair of clowns, flasher wrasse, or anything? I guess you can always add more in the future and since your list is super short right now you will definitely not have a problem with overstocking.

your tank is gonna look awesome!

OP has a 25 gallon tank, not a 180

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 20 25.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back