250 gal on CL

cloakerpoked

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely a 180. Very nice looking tank though. Gonna get some more details from him, thanks for throwing it out there.

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Paul did you ever decide on/pick up a new tank?

Just curious... I remember you were looking at those Deep Dimension tanks.

OP
OP
Paul_N

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not yet. I just went a saw a used 225 the other day. It is 72" X 24" X 30" with 1/2 glass. If I could get it for $400 it might be worth it, what do you think a used one is worth? The guy has it setup as FW and he is including everything but I just want the tank. I have been buying wood to make the stand. I am going to to attach it to the wall. I have also been buying aluminum tubing for the light canopy. I really have my heart set on at least 30" deep from front to back but I will be looking at a minimum of $900 with shipping for a new one. decision, decisions. If I get a used one then I will have money to get a new controller also. I really want the new Apex.

The 220 on the "other" site is nice but he is selling it as a package and a grand is too much. If I could get that for $400-500 for that it might be worth it, but he will never come down.

Last edited:

Tswifty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah $400-$500 is about max I would pay for something in the 220g range. The 220g (Tank & Stand) I was getting ready to set up before I got laid off was in perfect condition, and I got it for $300.

I usually look $1 per gallon for tanks under 200g... then use that as a base when looking larger. Obviously some of the extremely large tanks, or custom jobs command more, but I don't really consider a 220g tank in that group... maybe on the fringe if anything. I think $400-$500 for a used 220g is very reasonable.

One thing I will say, if you have a tank set in your mind that you want... I wouldn't settle for less... unless you got a heck of a deal you couldn't pass up.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 33 29.7%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 28 25.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 21.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back