25G CUC advice!

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank has been fully cycled for a week. Yesterday I added the first batch of CUC to it! I added two Turbo snails, one Conch snail and a Cleaner (skunk) Shrimp! I was just wondering how long should I wait before adding the next batch of cleaners, and what should I add? I would like to add a peppermint shrimp but I was wondering if it would be compatible with my cleaner shrimp? I plan to add a Tuxedo Urchin and A sand star in a few months time. Was wondering what other cleaners I should/could add? I was thinking maybe some Hermits? And maybe a few more snails? Nassarius probably. Was also wondering about fan worms? Any advice greatly appreciated :) Thanks - Noah

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya, I'm not one for CUC bundles where half die and you have to restock them... best to stock as your tank matures to what you need. I'd add the tux urchin last. I have one in my 140 and the thing is a freaking lawnmower strips algae off down to the rock and makes em look white again... Maybe a few hermits and 1-2 nass snails (depending on size) would be a good next step in 1-2 weeks.

ReeferWarrant

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a Skunk Cleaner, and it's meh to me in all honesty.... It eats all of my corals foods and rips their mouths open in the process. I used to have stomatella snails until the shrimp devoured them all and left a shell graveyard under its lair... It really doesn't function as a cleaner as my fish are all too small for it. My Blue Tuxedo Urchin is probably my favorite member of my CUC though, like @Alchameth mentioned it mows through algae.

I just feel like the Skunk needs a bigger tank and bigger fish to actually be functional. I recently got a neon goby and it does the job of cleaning.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 20.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back