25Gallon Reef Tank Acropora , 8 Months Update

SamHsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guy~

This tank was started in October 2022 in Taiwan. And most of the SPS were grown from frag.
25Gallon Tank Overview:Tanks size : master 45 x 45 x45 slave 45x40x36 (cm) Lighting : DIY LED 180w Hybrid ATI T5 24w x 4 Supplemental lighting : Aqua Knight LED 30w x 4WaveMaker : Jebao SLW10 x2 MLW10 x2Salt : Tropic Marin 002

1686934513656.jpeg

Regarding the water quality data, because the 2023 information has not yet been uploaded, so the data only for 2022 is available for your reference.
1686935434891.png

1686935448611.png

Calcium Reactor tuning period data
1686935622512.png

Recently, I have been personally concerned about health of the coral. for long term NO3 & PO4 & organic, both are in low-standard condition.Unfortunately, the corals are only amazingly colored, just to resist the powerful light, and they are not growing well.It wasn't until recently that I DIY'd an automatic feeder and fed it manually that the coral health started to improve.
I would like to say more about why I use automatic feeder, because I am so lazy and often forgot something, so I need it.

1686936926068.jpeg

I control the organic to red slime algae may happen, and use AF Bio to increase the activity of nitrifying bacteria in my tank.
Today, my tank's NO3 3~5 ppm by Hanna 781 ,PO4 0.01~0.03 ppm by Hanna 736.

The link below is a video of my nano reef tank.

In the next issue of this topic,In the next issue of this topic, I expect to show the growth records of individual frag .

Last edited:

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. As for the number of fish, hey - the tank seems to be doing awesome (I've had a similar number of fish in a 25-gallon). Plus, space is most likely a premium in Taiwan...
Cultural differences about the treatment of animals aside, my god. There's actually 2 hippos and at least 20 others. It gets worse with every view. Dude is collecting fish like they're infinity gems. I've seen more conservatively stocked tanks on 5 Minute Craft videos.

rennjidk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I refuse to belive this is real. Those fish would have beat each other to death within hours. Not to mention the nutrient levels he's posting.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cultural differences about the treatment of animals aside, my god. There's actually 2 hippos and at least 20 others. It gets worse with every view. Dude is collecting fish like they're infinity gems. I've seen more conservatively stocked tanks on 5 Minute Craft videos.
I counted 3 tangs, lol. I think that's a "Go To Jail, Directly To Jail" offence with the Tang Police... :eek:

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks like this make our entire hobby look bad.

It’s selfish - a fish that swims hundreds of miles a day in an 18” cube. User probably has some terrible instagram to go with it.

Garbage tank, PETA fuel.

It’s a shame we allow this on R2R, when you consider the what our hobby is already facing.

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It’s selfish - a fish that swims hundreds of miles a day in an 18” cube. User probably has some terrible instagram to go with it.

Garbage tank, PETA fuel.

It’s a shame we allow this on R2R, when you consider the what our hobby is already facing.
+1 for me,

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preach!

Lol the infinity gems comment got me.

The 5” hippo after swimming around the strawberry shortcake acro for the 74th time in an hour:

Lemme Out Help Me GIF by Travis

Cichlid Dad

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Preach!

Lol the infinity gems comment got me.

The 5” hippo after swimming around the strawberry shortcake acro for the 74th time in an hour:

Lemme Out Help Me GIF by Travis
get-me.gif

OP
OP
SamHsu

SamHsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank. As for the number of fish, hey - the tank seems to be doing awesome (I've had a similar number of fish in a 25-gallon). Plus, space is most likely a premium in Taiwan...
There are some amazing things that can happen.
Recently, my two angels (Argi , Flameback) had mating behavior in the evening, but I don't know if there is any chance for the two species to breed successfully here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SamHsu

SamHsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
refuse to belive this is real. Those fish would have beat each other to death within hours. Not to mention the nutrient levels he's posting.
There are a few fish in there that I've been keeping for 4 years, and even the clownfish have laid eggs a few times.
I spent a lot of time observing and planning the order of each fish in the tank.
I make sure each fish has its own bed at night, and feed them 4 times a day so that they don't fight for hunger.

Last edited:
OP
OP
SamHsu

SamHsu

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Garbage tank, PETA fuel.

I should think about this issue.
Because I always buy baby size fish, when it grows to about 10cm, I will transfer it to my friend's big tank.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back