26 gallon fish stocking?

RudeDawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Ladies and Gentlemen,

I setup a 26gal RS nano about 3 weeks ago. Used the live rock and water from my previous pico. I also added some dry rock to fill in the tank and dosed with 3x the amount of fritz turbo start for my size tank. The only fish transferred over is a flaming prawn goby (which I haven't seen since getting sucked through a Nero 3). I added 2 Storm clowns and a pink streaked wrasse from the start. They all seem healthy and eating well. My question is, if I add a tail spot blenny will that be overkill for a 26 gallon tank as far as fish stocking?

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be ok with a good filter and regular maintenance. Tailspot blenny won't add much waste but they do love picking algae off live rock.

OP
OP
RudeDawg

RudeDawg

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you'd be ok with a good filter and regular maintenance. Tailspot blenny won't add much waste but they do love picking algae off live rock.
Yeah. That's my concern as I don't have any algae growing, yet. Is there anything I can feed it to supplement that?

1112-425XL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tailspot eats pellets and any frozen food (mysis shrimp, brine shrimp, marine algae, ocean plankton) that I feed the tank. His belly is always fat. He'll pick stuff off the live rock that you can't even see.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 69 34.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 3.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 52 26.0%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 64 32.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.0%
Back