265 reef

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rusty nice job pulling through what you could. Thats one of the biggest rip cleans I’ve seen in two years, you sure were ready to eliminate the sand as a waste culprit that’s for sure, and now it is not a possible source for any concerns given that exchange.

And the reef is as shiny as any of them we collect, I think you’ve bought your reef another several years of waste control and clean running- the corals are as bright and full as one could want. They look 20 years established. thanks for responding with the details and pics.

OP
OP
R

rusty dowell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a lighter note. I have one of those large trash cans on wheels. (Probably 75 gal) that’s what I used to put the sand in. I set it right outside my basement door. It was dang near unmovable. It took two of us 30 minutes just to move it in the backyard and dump.

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rusty I literally woke up about twice mid nite wondering if you were in traction somewhere, the way headlines paint the palythoa risk was a true concern, the first I’d seen in reefing remote jobs online

glad it worked ok and your post here became a warning to help others prepare for side risks when handling marine surfaces

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 64 36.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.9%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back