26g Nano Reef - Stocking Advice

King George

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a Red Sea Nano Peninsula, coming in at 26 gal. After cycling and watching water parameters (waited over a month), I added 2 juvenile Snowflake Clownfish a few days ago. Unfortunately, one of them didn't make it. I believe he bumped into a piece of rock (looked like he had popeye but only on side) - and last night I was forced to put him down as he was clearly miserable. Starting to think the other clown was picking on him when he was vulnerable, or he was just a little clumsy, because the next morning his injuries were 3x worse. Anyways...

My LFS won't have more clowns in for a couple weeks - the only ones they have now are large adults. I stopped by this afternoon to give them a heads up about the passing so they could order more clowns for me. The other clownfish is doing great, very active and eating tons. When I was there, I picked up an azure damsel (planned on getting one a couple weeks in the future, but impulsively bought one today because of the loss of the clown).

He has been in the tank for about an hour, and they are getting along great - at least so far. Brings me to my question:

If I want to get another clown and one other fish, along with inverts - in what order should I stock them from here? Not sure what other fish species I would add besides the clown, but definitely want a cleaner shrimp and other cleanup crew counterparts.

(No corals yet BTW, but I plan on adding once the tank is more mature).

Let me know - thank you! :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back