OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If the overflow is malfunctioning, I would not be replacing the sump to help deal with it.

I'm sorry it's hard to get a hold of them but you very well May need to speak to the manufacturer and see what's going on. Water should not be getting into the tank side box so low.
Ok thanks. I thought you said that it was preforming correctly. I may have to go directly to the store and talk to them.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet Aquaium. And there is no phone number to call them. You have to go through a retail store. The local store I ordered it from is not returning my text or phone calls. Not very good service after the sale.
They have a contact us form on their website, did you try that route yet? I know its not as simple as a phone number but might be worth an attempt.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have a contact us form on their website, did you try that route yet? I know its not as simple as a phone number but might be worth an attempt.
I have not tried that yet, but after some more research I see several other people with this same issue. I’m thinking of getting a custom made weir box, the one inside the tank, with a lid on top and not the front and keep /reuse the current box on the outside. Still doing some research on what other people have done.

danieyella

unfriendly local swamp witch
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have not tried that yet, but after some more research I see several other people with this same issue. I’m thinking of getting a custom made weir box, the one inside the tank, with a lid on top and not the front and keep /reuse the current box on the outside. Still doing some research on what other people have done.
What a headache, I'm sorry

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
long shot ? @JoshH direct number ? ?
can the seam be welded ? or no ?

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These kitties are never bored! Two are ours and we’re kitten sitting for friends.

It is befitting that they were sitting calmly by Buddha as they are usually blurs darting across the floor.

EBF3A2CE-C137-4B82-BDD9-FA1D29CB0CAE.jpeg

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is. Thanks. Maybe I should’ve went with a different company.
Are you willing to modify this one first?

I'd be cutting the front (weir) piece off of the top piece and Siliconing it in on place leaving the top open, before switching out the whole wet side.

I really wonder how they make this work at all.

rmorris_14

TWSS
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These kitties are never bored! Two are ours and we’re kitten sitting for friends.

It is befitting that they were sitting calmly by Buddha as they are usually blurs darting across the floor.

EBF3A2CE-C137-4B82-BDD9-FA1D29CB0CAE.jpeg
I don't like cats, but I will "like" your post because you do.

I just wanted to be clear...

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you willing to modify this one first?

I'd be cutting the front (weir) piece off of the top piece and Siliconing it in on place leaving the top open, before switching out the whole wet side.

I really wonder how they make this work at all.
Oh yes, I’m willing to modify this one but I don’t have the proper tools and it would not look pretty!! I will see if some local can do it. But that also means water drained down and not running through the sump. Would have to put heater in the tank. And don’t know how long I would have to run it that way. I will look into it. Thanks

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yes, I’m willing to modify this one but I don’t have the proper tools and it would not look pretty!! I will see if some local can do it. But that also means water drained down and not running through the sump. Would have to put heater in the tank. And don’t know how long I would have to run it that way. I will look into it. Thanks
If you replace the box, you'd have to drain it some as well.

You should be able to separate the two pieces with one cut on a table saw. A thin bead around the outside where the two connect all the way around the U, and left overnight should be enough time I would think.

I've made overnight modifications to the sump and had them wet the next day.

All in all, still less work and down time than pulling the overflow off.

OP
OP
MrsBugmaster

MrsBugmaster

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You should be able to separate the two pieces with one cut on a table saw. A thin bead around the outside where the two connect all the way around the U, and left overnight should be enough time I would think.

We don’t have a table saw so I’d still have to have someone else do it and on their time frame.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

We don’t have a table saw so I’d still have to have someone else do it and on their time frame.
is said piece acrylic ?? cut and weld ? just welded?
have both here ,saw and weld, n time ... :)

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cute would take 3 seconds to set up and make. If you know anyone with one, they could do it.

In my experience if you showed up at any cabinet shop with a 12 pack of beer and the piece and ask them to help make the cut, They would do it for you to be helpful and likely turn away the beer.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I think acetone/weld on will bond polycarbonate as well but would need to test to make sure.
need to confirm material w @MrsBugmaster , and then give joe a call, possible local glass shop may be able to do it ??
Thanks Lost... :)

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 37 78.7%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back