28 Jbj Nano cube build

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which light would be better..or should I use both. I'm wanting to do some soft corals
1 stock jbj mt 601 led hood
2 current orbit marine pro

Last edited:
OP
OP
reef r madness

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm on a limited budget so I will be trying to use equipment from previous setups. I've got 2 koralia nano 425 for movement and will be using stock return pumps..will that be to much flow

OP
OP
reef r madness

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my ammonia reading. Just waiting on the bacteria ....patiently

20190521_213757_HDR~2.jpg

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the JBJ 28g with the Professional LED hood (27 3w LEDs) and had great results on growing corals, upgraded it to the WiFi Hood and got the day/night control I wanted. SOld the JBJ but still have the Professional hood in garage.

OP
OP
reef r madness

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the JBJ 28g with the Professional LED hood (27 3w LEDs) and had great results on growing corals, upgraded it to the WiFi Hood and got the day/night control I wanted. SOld the JBJ but still have the Professional hood in garage.
I want to upgrade my lighting...one day...I currently have the mt601 LED hood on timers...

OP
OP
reef r madness

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ended up getting an A I prime hd...Couldn't deal with the orbit marine pro ....the controller clock malfunctioned..I had to manually ramp it off and on...so I dug out another orbit fixture that had 2 40 watt 50/50 cfl bulbs and used it for A week...on a timer..one of the koralia went bad about a week ago the other last night...

OP
OP
reef r madness

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a coralife super skimmer about a week ago. Getting good skimmate with it. Its huge...takes up one whole side of the tank... I'm thinking about buying or building one that will fit in the back chamber. Might add a sump/refugium..another 5 or 10 gallons..Then I could use one of my other skimmers that I have in my arsenal of outdated equipment...

PerplexyHexy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a coralife super skimmer about a week ago. Getting good skimmate with it. Its huge...takes up one whole side of the tank... I'm thinking about buying or building one that will fit in the back chamber. Might add a sump/refugium..another 5 or 10 gallons..Then I could use one of my other skimmers that I have in my arsenal of outdated equipment...
Where did you end up putting that skimmer? Im having a rough time trying to figure out how im gonna configure the whole back area... the radion rms mount is completely stopping this build for right now... I cant remove the media basket without removing the rms mount... so that sucks... every chambers has something in it besides one... so im trying to figure out where a skimmer would go if I even need on at all...

OP
OP
reef r madness

reef r madness

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it hanging off the side...it was so hideous I took it off..I recently put chemi pure elite in my top chamber of my basket..that way I won't have to remove the basket to change it out

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.5%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 77.5%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 15.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

• I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Back