OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish going into the tank as of now will be the 2 yellow headed jaw fish, and the harptail blenny to help with algae. I plan on having a deep sand bed, at around 4 to 6 inches, and a lot of small pieces of rock ruble for the jawfish to "build" with. I plan on having corals, and a diverse clean up crew. with jawfish and a dsp, do you need invertebrates that burrow and disturb the sand bed, or will it not be necessary with the jawfish, and more importantly, could burrowing invertebrates collapse the burrows made by a jawfish?

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish going into the tank as of now will be the 2 yellow headed jaw fish, and the harptail blenny to help with algae. I plan on having a deep sand bed, at around 4 to 6 inches, and a lot of small pieces of rock ruble for the jawfish to "build" with. I plan on having corals, and a diverse clean up crew. with jawfish and a dsp, do you need invertebrates that burrow and disturb the sand bed, or will it not be necessary with the jawfish, and more importantly, could burrowing invertebrates collapse the burrows made by a jawfish?
My bsjf is always renovating so I wouldn’t worry about the burrow collapsing. If you have a certain place you want your Jawfish to live you might want to place a pvc tube so they can host it right away and where you want them to be.
I put a pvc tube right in the front of my tank so I would enable to see my bsjf front and Center.

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My bsjf is always renovating so I wouldn’t worry about the burrow collapsing. If you have a certain place you want your Jawfish to live you might want to place a pvc tube so they can host it right away and where you want them to be.
I put a pvc tube right in the front of my tank so I would enable to see my bsjf front and Center.
Ok, I think that I will do that, since I would hate for the jawfish to just sit in the back where I will not be able to see them. Also, do you have any idea how big the rock ruble should be that you give the jawfish?

Tchung23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, I think that I will do that, since I would hate for the jawfish to just sit in the back where I will not be able to see them. Also, do you have any idea how big the rock ruble should be that you give the jawfish?
Depends on size of fish. My jaw fish was pretty big to begin with. About 3-4" so I gave him pretty big rocks 1-2cm in diameter.

OP
OP
E

EJReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the advice once again! I now have the rock cycling in the tank, and I am going to get some live sand soon. Do you think that 5 gallons of sand would be enough

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back