29 Gallon Reef Build

ReefSteady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there everyone, decided to start a tank build. Tank was started on March 1, 2013 and is currently in it's cycle.

EQUIPMENT
Tank - 29 Gallon Standard (30 x 12 x 18)
Lighting - Kessil a150w LED (Ocean Blue) <<<May get a 2nd in the future
Filtration - Cascade 700
Movement/Flow - Hydor Koralia 750 Power Head
Other Misc Equip...

LR/LS
40 Lbs Live Rock
40 Lbs Live Sand

PLANNED LIVESTOCK
FISH
1 Midas Blenny
2 True Percula Clownfish
2 Banggai Cardinals
INVERTEBRATES
1 Cleaner Shrimp
1 Maxima Clam
8 Turbo Snails
8 Nassarius Snails
8 Nerite Snails
8 Cerith Snails
CORALS
Mixed

Well this is what I had in mind, some things may change (like the fish), but I know for a fact I want a Midas Blenny to be my main fish and build friendly tank-mates around him. If you guys have any comments/suggestions/criticism please don't hesistate. I want to make sure I'm doing this right. The Kessil light is currently on it's way, and I can't wait!!

-Justin

Aznyoyoboy57

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm not sure about just one Kessil...and if u get two later on, maybe just get a ai vega now and dont have to worry about lighting again...

Here is my 29gallon tank...
image.jpg

kind of got the two Ecoxotic PAR38 first and felt like i needed more light so then i got the Kessil...overall i used like $500...wished i just got an Ai sol (since ai vega didnt come out yet) in the first place so it would be better....

anyways, thats my point of view on the lighting but i like the Kessil a150w too, works great!

OP
OP
R

ReefSteady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm not sure about just one Kessil...and if u get two later on, maybe just get a ai vega now and dont have to worry about lighting again...

Here is my 29gallon tank...
image.jpg
kind of got the two Ecoxotic PAR38 first and felt like i needed more light so then i got the Kessil...overall i used like $500...wished i just got an Ai sol (since ai vega didnt come out yet) in the first place so it would be better....

anyways, thats my point of view on the lighting but i like the Kessil a150w too, works great!

Yeah I know I'm probably going to have to get a 2nd light. And the light is already on it's way. I like your setup. I was initially looking at the Par38's as well.

OP
OP
R

ReefSteady

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Test Results from today
Salinity - 1.023
Ph - 7.8
Ammonia - 0
Nitrite - 0
Nitrate - 5

I also got my light today. Looks pretty good.
day 11.jpg

revsgirl

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! Congrats!!

Chasing the Dream Giver, not the dream! Tonya

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 72 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 70 50.4%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 35 25.2%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.5%

Back