29 gallon tank

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, im new to this forum. but just wanna show my tank to you all and see what you all think.
me2esyhu.jpg
y9asy6e3.jpg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to R2R! Looks like you are off to a good start. Appears you will have good circulation and your sump looks great. Take your time with adding things and you will do fine.

TheSaint216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Like the scape. Id move that rock on the right cause itll be a pain to clean the glass there. Id paint the back glass to.

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and yea we are going to paint it this weekend. Dose anyone know where to get a chiller for a good deal? We got summer coming up and it gets kinda hot here in San Diego

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is some of the livestock and a closer up up the sump
vy4ybary.jpg

3abuny3e.jpg

ugepe8at.jpg

ypyreza2.jpg

4y5y9ena.jpg

utuve8eq.jpg

Sorry for them being sideways I dont kno how to fix it on my phone

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im 25 and my family and myself have had tanks since I can remember. But this was my first since I left maryland 5 years ago for cali

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey do you guys know what this is? He came out of my newest rock like 2 weeks after I got
ve6emuha.jpg

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update it a elephant slug and hes going in the sump next time I see him. I also got some green star in the tank and there doing vary well, cant wait to see them spread and take over the rock I put them on

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We also added on the main tank a new powercompact 80w and on the new farg tank samething

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this somewhere else on R2R, but im stressing out a little bit and need help/advice

So me and my wife were cleaning mg tank and its kinda high so she was on a chair, well the chair tiped she grabed the light, it fell in the tank....ZAP 4 fish(my clowns,Mandarin and fire angle), 3 shrimp(2 cleaners, one fire) and most of my coral all gone.

Luckly tho my wife is fine and I still have my favorite lil goby...

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted this somewhere else on R2R, but im stressing out a little bit and need help/advice

So me and my wife were cleaning mg tank and its kinda high so she was on a chair, well the chair tiped she grabed the light, it fell in the tank....ZAP 4 fish(my clowns,Mandarin and fire angle), 3 shrimp(2 cleaners, one fire) and most of my coral all gone.

Luckly tho my wife is fine and I still have my favorite lil goby...

Wow!! I am so glad you and your wife are alright! I'm sorry about some of the tank inhabitants but so thankful that it wasn't more tragic.

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea its been a sad morning and a sleepless night I removed the frag tank from the system (no frags were in it anyway) 4 the light and a few of the green stars opened on the frag I had in the main tank so thats good...

OP
OP
M

madnessknight89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a week but good news all the coral except one mushroom lives agn!!! And I replaced all the fish.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 22 27.2%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 28 34.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 19.8%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 12 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.7%
Back