290g Reborn!

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello all!
After my sump cracked back in 2010, of course this happens while away for the weekend, I came home and lost everything! In my anger and personal issues called life, I called it quits and sold off most of my equipment, leaving just the tank and some odds and ends for that "just in case" I would decide to jump back in.
Fast forward to 8/22, kids grown up and moved out and this 290g tank just sitting, I decided to jump back in! I began going through what I saved and started purchasing new equipment since most of my saved stuff just didn't work........mad at myself for selling my Tunze streams but the new stuff today is much more efficient and quieter.
For now I will keep the tank as a mixed reef, I still love sps but I will take it slow and see how the tank matures. Cycled the aquarium with Dr T's, marco rock, live rock from LFS and Carib Sea live sand, added a couple of those Caribe sea structured rock as well.
Here is the tank today! I have to learn how to take pics now with Led lights, blue is overwhelming I had to process it after the initial pic.

IMG_0536.jpg

gpd124

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking tank! We too stepped away for a long time and are now back with a 180 gallon and 14 gallon.

As far as pictures, others can weigh in, but the Orphek lens seem to do a nice job (using them with your phone).

OP
OP
juiceguy

juiceguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Been a while since I updated. Tank is progressing nicely, still trying to dial in nutrient control. I switched to Tropic marin AFR and Bacto balance, Bacto is more forgiving than NoPOx but still trying to keep keep some PO4 in the system, my tests are usually in the .01-.04 range with N03 between 10-12.

I added A Red Sea Reefmat as I was changing socks every other day, ReefMatt roll is lasting roughly 3 weeks so that is much better than swapping and cleaning socks.

I added a couple of Neptune wav PH and supplement them with the 2 Sicce HP Voyagers. I been adding SPS slowly and they are colored up but seeing burnt tips on a few, I am thinking high ALk, roughly 8.5 and low PO4 may be the issue. I will start to let the Alk drop into the 8 range and see how things progress.

Shot a video while end of day cycle, I had to lower the resolution to upload.....Led's are fun

Attachments

• IMG_0008.mov
    90.6 MB
Back