29g (300g+ total volume) Saddle Valentini Puffer & Flame Hawkfish Compatability?

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all!

I have a 29g "Xenia Garden" that's plumbed into my 300g+ system. Currently it doesn't have any fish, and as my main DT is a mixed reef, I wanted to add a couple fish that I normally couldn't keep.

Would someone care to comment on compatibility between a Saddle Valenti Puffer and a Flame Hawkfish in this tank? They would have plenty of rock work and be the sole inhabitants. Water quality shouldn't be an issue as this is part of my much larger, and generally under-stocked 300g+ system (80g DT, 150g sump, 100g live rock lagoon, 40g frag tank).

I've kind of settled on the SVP, so if the hawkfish is a bad choice feel free to recommend something else! Thanks for the feedback!

tyler1503

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I personally haven't kept a flame hawk with a valentini, I've questioned it here on R2R before and some people, who's opinions I trust, did not mention any issues and said my proposed fish list looked good.

So take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard others say, it should be fine :)

OP
OP
JustinFromAL

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While I personally haven't kept a flame hawk with a valentini, I've questioned it here on R2R before and some people, who's opinions I trust, did not mention any issues and said my proposed fish list looked good.

So take this with a grain of salt, but from what I've heard others say, it should be fine :)

Perferct, thanks!

Those two will be fine together. And although only 2 fish, they both are high personality fish.

Exactly my thoughts, only two fish but tons of personality!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 27 31.0%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 69 79.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.2%
  • Other

Votes: 6 6.9%
Back