OP
fiddledragon

fiddledragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
marcorock arrived - I have a few pieces of liverock that are in tank because I don't want them to dry out - not entirely sure how I'll add them into the aquascape I'm putting together.

Also - only skimmer/wavemaker + live sand = lots of silt, so there is now a power filter with some extra polyfil, and the water is clearing up nicely.

Pics probably tomorrow after the rest of the silt is taken care of and I've figured out how I want the rocks :)

OP
OP
fiddledragon

fiddledragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pics didn't happen because COVID booster shot = literally the only thing I did this weekend was check on the tank. Silt situation seems to be taken care of, still need to scrub the inside class, and figure out how I want to aquascape my rocks, but that's not happening until I can use my right arm for, well, really anything.

OP
OP
fiddledragon

fiddledragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All epoxied and hanging out for the night. Room to separate corals if needed, not symmetrical, has negative space, has room to work around during cleaning, and room to get the three live rocks in, plenty of mount points and places to expand, and little books and places for fish to hide.

FB_IMG_1643777374561.jpg

OP
OP
fiddledragon

fiddledragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a hitchhiker. Can't tell what it is (yet) and no guarantees my tank won't kill it since parameters aren't even close to done. Even still it was a fun thing to see this morning (this is super zoomed in)

Attachments

• PXL_20220207_161716705.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20220207_161716705.PORTRAIT.jpg
    181.6 KB · Views: 23
OP
OP
fiddledragon

fiddledragon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard to tell from the picture but it looks like it might be a ball anemone.

What are your future stocking plans?
I'm pretty sure it's a ball anenome given that I found another one last night that def is. (I generally believe if you find one of something you'll probably find more, and so far that's the case). PXL_20220208_030126796.jpg

I also found bristleworms (it had been dark and I'd just turned on the lights in the room.

As far as stocking plans, I hadn't decided yet, since I'm still a little while out from intentionally adding critters. I've been researching inverts and corals. Then pick fish to complement them. Either way, nothing new is going in before my QT is set up and had a chance to hang out in there.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back