2hp jbj commercial chiller help

  • Thread starter Thread starter zdad_2004
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

zdad_2004

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 11, 2022
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Location
U.S.
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 2hp jbj commercial chiller and I was seeing if anyone could help me in making sure I get it wired correctly. Says it needs 208/230volt power source. I thought I would need a 2 pole breaker and 4 cable wire to install 240 volts. I only see 3 spots on the bottom here to hook up the wires. Any know how this should be hooked up and what I would need? Thanks in advance
1000006481.jpg
 
When running 220VAC it is only necessary to have 3 wires: 2 hot wires and one ground. You are correct about 2 pole breaker.

Inside the circuit breaker distribution panel, both neutral & ground are on the same bus. There is the fourth leg/wire you were looking for.
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new