2nd Generation of false percs' !

  • Thread starter Thread starter SaltySteve
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

SaltySteve

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 26, 2017
Messages
209
Reaction score
280
Location
East Bay, CA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years ago, I had a Black Darwin Clownfish (wild) and paired it with a Snowflake false perc. I actually have a thread on raising their eggs a little over 3 years ago. Meet the parents~ (father is the 1st one).

608193-e5638092cb14d76e2b7ca6fc5ab37a17.jpg
614521-5b475174130f3dc144e361a873a82968.jpg

I ended up selling the parents and most of the babies after raising around 25 of their young, and kept 2 particular clowns (because I liked their markings/colors the most). They are two of the clutch below~

654868-f5aa39d82a64d0d1a3ac7967acee3397.jpg
654870-406f4a9e3a755e69387719d1f38e5f0e.jpg


Now, after 2 years of raising these guys- they laid their first clutch ever tonight! I still can't believe it, I'm so happy that I will be able to raise the next generation of the O.G. parents' young. Can't wait to see their traits! (Here are the 2 all grown up, I can tell they are going to be great parents). Thanks for looking!

IMG_6853.jpg
 
Congratulations! Thanks for sharing!

giphy.gif
 
Nice! 2 years to start breeding is really quick for clownfish.
 
Really aweseome pics! I had two breeding clownfish when I was in middle school but I was never able to get them past the fry stage. I would love to get another pair now and try again now that I am a little older and hopefully a little wiser! The picture of all the babies in the tubberware is really neat!
 
Nice! 2 years to start breeding is really quick for clownfish.
Good to know, I wasn't sure.

Really aweseome pics! I had two breeding clownfish when I was in middle school but I was never able to get them past the fry stage. I would love to get another pair now and try again now that I am a little older and hopefully a little wiser! The picture of all the babies in the tubberware is really neat!
Thanks! It takes a lot of maintenance to raise the fry, but definitely doable.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new