3.7 gallon PICO tank

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just started an imagitorium 3.7 gallon PICO tank. :) Put saltwater in today. Will be a coral/CUC tank. Maybe have a nano fish. :)

IMG_20210209_165325661.jpg

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the tank. going to tear it down and take the back off to make more room. Get an HOB to put in back

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Totally removed the back of the 3.7 gallon today. :)
IMG_20210213_173614941_HDR.jpg

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much to report. I have ammonia and nitrites, so it is cycling along great. :)

Sarcazian

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are cute little tanks - I have mine setup as a QT tank.

The most annoying thing I found is the evaporation. I need to top it over at least 3-4 times a day.

Azedenkae

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have nitrites and ammonia. So, it is still going slowly. Dx
Huh, thought it would have progressed by now. I am soon gonna start up a pico tank, so kinda interested in the progress. :3

Hm. Did you use any bottled bacteria products or anything to introduce nitrifiers into the tank?

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still have nitrites and ammonia. So, it is still going slowly. Dx
Did you add any bottle bacteria? I used Bio-Spira to my 4.1g and really it was cycled in 7 days. But I am waiting to add coral mainly cause I have some work trips out of town coming up and don’t want to have my wife worry about it.

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you add any bottle bacteria? I used Bio-Spira to my 4.1g and really it was cycled in 7 days. But I am waiting to add coral mainly cause I have some work trips out of town coming up and don’t want to have my wife worry about it.
I just started adding Fritzzyme 9 yesterday, so I am hoping it helps. :)

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It should. I started mine last Sunday put a raw shrimp in for 24 hours ammonia had spiked to well over 8 on Monday afternoon. Put in half bottle of Bio-Spira and by the next morning it was at 6. By friday afternoon I had 0 ammonia now my nitrates were a different story tested those on Thursday and they were over a close to 100 so this morning did a 75% water change and I am down to 25 using Salifert test. Will do another water change this coming week to lower those even further or it should lower them. I used dry rock and dry crushed coral so I am debating on adding some bottle coralline as well.

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, the ammonia is finally going down and being converted into Nitrites and nitrates a lot quicker. :) The Calcium and Kh hardness is also looking good,

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is finally done cycling. Got a Green star polyp, 3 hermit crabs, and two snails to start. :) The hermits and snails are being acclimated. I was told to temp acclimate the coral and gently yeet it into the tank

DDenny

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure that the GSP (Green Star Polyps) are on their own rock. They grow like weeds. I have seen some that cover the back wall it is looks neat. I don't even have a cleanup crew yet nothing for them to eat unless you feed them.

OP
OP
Shaina Carey

Shaina Carey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I grabbed a whole bunch of food for them, lol. Flake food, sinking pellets, algae wafers.
Make sure that the GSP (Green Star Polyps) are on their own rock. They grow like weeds. I have seen some that cover the back wall it is looks neat. I don't even have a cleanup crew yet nothing for them to eat unless you feed them.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.2%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 37 18.1%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back