3/8" scrap lexan.. looking for ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Johnd651
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Johnd651

Getting back in after 14+ years
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
5,000
Reaction score
7,312
Location
Upstate NY
What state or country do you live in
New York
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I picked up the pictured piece of lexan and am looking for some ideas as to what I can do with it. It does need a good cleaning. It has some stickers on it, and holes drilled along the entire edge. Its 3/8" thick, about 1.5 ft wide by 4 ft long. Only thought I had was some frag racks... maybe. What should I cut it with? What solvent weld?
Thanks for any ideas you might have.

20191110_055222.jpg
 
Three more pieces...2 similar in size to the last one, one about half. All 1/4" this time. Any ideas?
20191111_081916.jpg
 
You could get really fancy and build an acclimation box or fish trap. I don't know a whole lot about Lexan though.....is that the stuff they sell at Home Depot? If so, I picked up some to use as a top for a QT and it warped badly.
 
Its polycarbonate instead of acrylic. More impact resistant.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 18.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new