• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

3 MP40QWD, Extra WETSIDE & Reef Link

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 MP40QWD, Extra WETSIDE & Reef Link (1.5 to 2 years old)

800 Shipped

Thanks

OP
OP
Mkkari

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am currently having issues with my PayPal account due to which I can not entertain any sale or offers. I am currently working with PayPal. Thanks

SCReefaholic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef to Reef, please make sure this add is kept intact for possible future legal action. Seller claimed in add items were 1.5 to 2 years old. Items are in fact 7 years old. Now he is lying to paypal and stating that he only said he used them for 1.5 to 2 years and that he never said how old they actually were. Claim is in process.

OP
OP
Mkkari

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@SCReefaholic - I have sold several items in this forum and never had any issue but you. Just for future reference, when you have doubt about something just 'ASK' rather than accusing others and calling them liar and theif, Just because you have a buyers remorse.

You can ask for serial # before purchasing it. I sent you multiple pictures of the item and video of it working.

I do not know, what else had to be done!!

Last edited:

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reef to Reef, please make sure this add is kept intact for possible future legal action. Seller claimed in add items were 1.5 to 2 years old. Items are in fact 7 years old. Now he is lying to paypal and stating that he only said he used them for 1.5 to 2 years and that he never said how old they actually were. Claim is in process.
Did you ask for manufacturing date prior to purchasing? Or picture of the item/sticker?

AbjectMaelstroM

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
If you clearly state the item is "1.5 to 2 years old" I shouldn't have to should I? Big difference between 1.5 to 2 years and 7 years!!!

I guess I'm more of a trust but verify mindset, or ask to expand on the condition of an item I'm buying, especially if it's a higher-end ticket items. Manufacturing date doesn't equal time of ownership.

But I guess that's me. Best of luck to you, sir.

Mywifeisgunnakillme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3 MP40QWD, Extra WETSIDE & Reef Link (1.5 to 2 years old)

Lawyer says court would interpret as stating manufacture date was 1.5 to 2 years ago... ownership of product would necessarily be less.

Regardless, if you're selling on this forum, and something is 7 years old and u dont say that and say 1.5 to 2 years old instead, it takes the fun out of this hobby....

Paypal, for what it is worth, nearly always sides with buyers...

OP
OP
Mkkari

Mkkari

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lawyer says court would interpret as stating manufacture date was 1.5 to 2 years ago... ownership of product would necessarily be less.

Regardless, if you're selling on this forum, and something is 7 years old and u dont say that and say 1.5 to 2 years old instead, it takes the fun out of this hobby....

Paypal, for what it is worth, nearly always sides with buyers...
I agree with you, its my mistake. I should have chosen better words while posting my ad.

However, I have sold over 20 items in this forum so far and this is the first time I had an issue.

Buyers would always ask for more details and pictures and I am always happy to provide all the information required for them to make a decision.

As for this specific buyer, this is what he said 'as long as they are working, I will take the products'. I sent him pictures and videos of the item, EVEN THOUGH HE DID NOT EVEN ASK FOR IT.

He said the item was in rough condition and I ended up giving him 3 brand new wetside cages which I had extra as well...

Now I am the bad person?

I have heard people buying mp40s and swapping the parts with their old ones and then filing a dispute with PayPal. Sadly, as you have mentioned - paypal takes buyers side.

Even after all this - I was okay to just refund the money and get my stuff back but he called me a theif, liar and cussed out at me.

So I raised a claim with PayPal.

This sort of thing is what I think makes people trust each other less and makes it not fun...

This is not a cheap hobby to begin with, and if you have such a bad buyers remorse buying used mp40s then I would recommend the $20 powerheads on amazon...not sure when they were manufactured, shipped, and tested. However, Amazon has free returns even if you mess up the product, I ain't Amazon.

Back