3-Striped Damsels and Clownfish Terrorizers

ScoobyElla

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just added (3) 3-Striped Damsels to my 60g tank. I have a clownfish pair that are almost 2 years old and have been with me since I started the tank. Immediately upon adding the Damsels the clowns have been antagonizing the Damsels. The Damsels just mind their own business and they’re almost full grown so they can fend for themselves. It’s been a day and No ripped fins yet and plenty of hiding spots. But when the lights are on it’s like the clowns are on the prowl. Should I be worried and take the Damsels back to the store? I have yet to see the Damsels attack the clowns. Should I wait a few days and see if the clowns give up and accept their new tank mates?

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Damsels and 2 Clowns going on 7 years for all of them. The clowns mind their own business living in 2 clam shells, but the Damsels are antagonizing all other fish, my yellow Tang, File fish, Flame Hawk and of course my Clowns. They all defend themselves pretty well. I cannot add any more fish because the Damsels will kill them

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 3 stripe Damsels are comical though, the female will go up to the male and do nosedives next to him. They are in the same family as the clowns but totally different, the clowns like to stay in one area but the damsels are all over the tank all day long. They are fun to watch, chasing each other around ticking off the tang, the tang will chase them out of his area. The clowns will chase them out of their area as well.

anthonygf

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Damsels and 2 Clowns going on 7 years for all of them. The clowns mind their own business living in 2 clam shells, but the Damsels are antagonizing all other fish, my yellow Tang, File fish, Flame Hawk and of course my Clowns. They all defend themselves pretty well. I cannot add any more fish because the Damsels will kill them
One day I put 5 chromis in the tank and the Damsels beat them all to death. I didn't have a chance to take them out. So just think about that, once the damsels are established they may kill anything you add.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

• I don’t have macroalgae.

• Other.

Back