3 way solenoid valve?

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 water collection Rubbermaid Brute cans, one is for RODI for the SW tanks and the other is for RO water for my FW tanks. Is there a 3 way solenoid that can change the flow of water like a 3 way ball valve? The idea is to have it always on making RO because it is used more and my Smart Buddy booster pump can automatically shut off the water with the float switch, but when the water level drops in the RODI container the solenoid activates, changes direction of flow, to send water to the DI canisters to fill the RODI reservoir. Once RODI is full it would switch back to RO and then the Smart Buddy pump would take over and shut off the whole system if needed or fill RO container. I’m bad at remembering to turn off the water and I am moving the water making area from my workshop to the den and don’t want to flood the den. Thanks y’all.

flagg37

Custom stair builder - TreeofLifeStairs.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did something similar with my DOS. When I ran it one direction it would take water from one reservoir and then when I ran it the other direction it would take it from another reservoir. I used “T” fitting and a check valve to direct it and the flow in the tube would either engage the check valve or allow it to flow through. I hope that makes sense.

Sshannon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
booth2010

booth2010

Newb but eager to learn!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I could also just go the route of a normally closed solenoid for the RODI and a normally open for the RO with 1 float switch to activate them both. I can easily find reef safe single way solenoids.

SteveMM62Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only one that I’ve seen is made by uxcell, used them in Air Conditioning Pneumatic Systems. I think they were all plastic “Nylon,” and they will handle water. You certainly don’t want any metal, in the RO/DI, as it will eat at the metal. 12 Vdc, on the Solenoid.
Honeywell also had them, but they are easily destroyed by water.

Back