30% Aftersale going on now!!! Use Code YEAR2022 on the AREEFCREATION.COM website to receive the discount

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Utubereefer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@A Reef Creation
Wow that was an amazing write up explaining your shipping experiences. Thank you so much for the amazing deals really excited to receive my corals. And a special thanks to @CodyBot for showing us a good time during the insanity of coral drops!
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

SaltyDadDog

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our next livesale will be in March. We usually spend the next few weeks after the sale getting everyone their corals and then turn our focus on making frags for the next event. We have the LEAR frag swap in Cleveland at the end of February we are attending and then a mid March Livesale here.

We only ship on Tuesdays and Wednesdays because those are the safest times to ship overnight with FedEx. Mondays carry an extra load from the weekend and cause more delays and then shipping on Thursdays and Fridays removes any buffer for delays. In 2021 we shipped 747 boxes out to customers. About 50 of those boxes were delayed at least one day. Then about 15 of those 50 were delayed for more than one day. Of the 35 or so that had an extra day of transit, we had very few reports of dead corals. Even some of the 2 day delays had the corals survive. But the few that were longer than 2 days had heavy losses.
The reason we don't ship on Thursdays is that if there is a delay most of the time the package gets delivered Monday with heavy losses. In 2021 we offered a few customers that had to have a Friday or Saturday delivery the option to waive all live guarantee's in the event of a delay and I believe 3 customers still had us ship since it was the only way they could receive.

We guarantee live arrival on all our packages and will provide replacements for losses. Many of our customers can attest to this. We want to get your animals to you as safely as possible. We pack Acropora in larger bags of water to help them handle a layover. We do everything we can to stack the odds in our favor for success. But if anyone absolutely needs a Saturday delivery, we can do it for you, we just have to waive the livestock guarantee.(only if it's delayed)
I remember the crazy shipping that happened. That was the last live sale I did with ya'll but i was lucky enough to get all my corals on time and in perfect condition. I think i can wait till March. I just don't want to risk them being delivered after my wifes lunch break. Thanks for the reply!! see you in march!

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are getting reports that the Memphis FedEx hub has been backed up due to adverse weather and is now in the path of another weather system this week. They posted this warning.

EXPECT DELAYS AND ISSUES ACROSS ALL SERVICE TYPES.

With this increase in likelihood of delays we are holding off shipping until next week. We want the best possible odds for your animals to arrive safely. We apologize for the short notice as we know people take days off to receive their orders.
We will be sending an email out to anyone that purchased a shipping module for January 6th delivery to reschedule.

Again, very sorry to have to announce this.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
We are getting reports that the Memphis FedEx hub has been backed up due to adverse weather and is now in the path of another weather system this week. They posted this warning.

With this increase in likelihood of delays we are holding off shipping until next week. We want the best possible odds for your animals to arrive safely. We apologize for the short notice as we know people take days off to receive their orders.
We will be sending an email out to anyone that purchased a shipping module for January 6th delivery to reschedule.

Yep. I have a shipment that's been stuck in Memphis for the past 12 hours. It says it left 15 minutes ago but FedEx says it's on time for a noon delivery today...

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thank you for the heads up ARC team. Good looking out!

Digitalfirex

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Thank you for the update.

Can I further check on this via PM?

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the update.

Can I further check on this via PM?
Yes, replied to your pm.

Emailed all 50 people that purchased Jan 6th delivery. Check your spam folders if you don't see it or you can pm me here.
Here's what the email said.

Hello,
Due to extreme weather at the Memphis FedEx hub we have to cancel ship outs this week. We apologize for the late message but want the best possible chances for a successful delivery of your animals.
We are setting up deliveries for Wednesday 1/12 or Thursday 1/13 next week. Please let us know if one of these days will work for you to receive your order.

Again, we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you.

Team ARC

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, replied to your pm.

Emailed all 50 people that purchased Jan 6th delivery. Check your spam folders if you don't see it or you can pm me here.

Hello,
Due to extreme weather at the Memphis FedEx hub we have to cancel ship outs this week. We apologize for the late message but want the best possible chances for a successful delivery of your animals.
We are setting up deliveries for Wednesday 1/12 or Thursday 1/13 next week. Please let us know if one of these days will work for you to receive your order.

Thank you.

Team ARC

Got the e-mail. This is the kind of service that makes me a lifelong buyer. Safety of the animals and comfort for the consumer above “getting product out the door”.

ARC ROCKS

OP
OP
A Reef Creation

A Reef Creation

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got the e-mail. This is the kind of service that makes me a lifelong buyer. Safety of the animals and comfort for the consumer above “getting product out the door”.

ARC ROCKS

Thank you! It's a fine line we walk. It's so much easier to go as planned and pack it all out and cross our fingers they arrive in good shape. Instead of sending out 50 emails, creating a new spreadsheet to keep track of shipping, adding each persons response to when they are able to receive, all while keeping the other shipping schedule for the following week. Last year we had 40 boxes packed and ready to receive the shipping labels when a family friend that works at FedEx called me to let me know nothing was going out that night. I think we posted photos in the sales thread of having to unbox everything and scrap hours of packing. We make the hard decisions to put the health of the animals first, sometimes at heavy losses.

We appreciate everyones patience. The responses so far have been overwhelmingly positive. So thank you!

Niltonkbs09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, replied to your pm.

Hello,

Thank you.

Team ARC
Thanks ARC got that email it's better that way ARC ROCKS

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order got caught in a "mechanical breakdown" on the way. Got delayed by a day AND ups 10 mins away left at 9:18am decided to deliver my package last I guess. It came at around 5 pm.due to the outstanding packing job only lost one milli and one head of a double head octo. EVERYTHING else survived ie mollies, octos, hammer, zoas due to the great packing job by UC! Great customer service and response by UC as well!
Thank you
Ryan

tsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order got caught in a "mechanical breakdown" on the way. Got delayed by a day AND ups 10 mins away left at 9:18am decided to deliver my package last I guess. It came at around 5 pm.due to the outstanding packing job only lost one milli and one head of a double head octo. EVERYTHING else survived ie mollies, octos, hammer, zoas due to the great packing job by UC! Great customer service and response by UC as well!
Thank you
Ryan
Hey billy, I think this may be the wrong thread for your vendor

Gardnaaa

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received the email as well, I replied. Thanks ARC! I can’t wait to get my package next Wednesday. It’s my first coral order ever! Pumped!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 34.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.9%
Back