30 gallon AOI

  • Thread starter Thread starter Amstar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Amstar

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 9, 2020
Messages
822
Reaction score
483
Location
Dayton
What state or country do you live in
Ohio
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Thinking a potential stocking list for a 30 gallon JBJ AOI

2 clown fish
Midas blenny
Firefish x2
Mandarin (after the tank has been up and seeded with pods - the. Monthly pod additions)
Shrimp

Thoughts
 
Seems like a lot for a 30, I would go with 2 clown fish, Midas Blenny, and fire/cleaner shrimp.

If you have a lid maybe consider the firefish instead of the blenny if that is what you prefer. The blenny has a ton of personality I would highly recommend it. (blenny is a jumper as well tho so be careful)

Mandarin would be a tough one to keep in a 30 long term unless you plan on constantly seeding as you said but can add that in as your 4th over time.

Look into the neon blue goby it is an awesome fish that will clean your hand during maintenance and other fish as well. It has a ton of personality too, and is great for your tank size.
 
Nice thank you. Yes I would go the Midas over the firefish - then mandarin 4th - down the road

I’ll have to check out the neon blue goby
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new