30 gallon crab tank.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought them at my lfs for $15 for around 20 or so polyps. They're growing so fast, probably gonna chop some off soon for the sake of fragging
Cool man. That's my fluval spec

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whoops. Here it is

1446608913726.jpg

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! Looks like you need some of them Dragon eyes haha. What are you running for media?
Oh yeah haha, I have plenty of dragon eyes. Absolutely nothing for media:D I just have a filter to help catch particles. I let the live rock do the rest. Has been setup for about 4 months now

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and water changes. And phytoplankton, oh yeah, as well as some bio rings down at the bottom and some chaeto. Forgot about that

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh and water changes. And phytoplankton, oh yeah, as well as some bio rings down at the bottom and some chaeto. Forgot about that
Once the crab is outve mine, I'm gonna overhaul it. I have a ton of mushrooms that keep telling me they want to fill it up

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its probably time to give mine a quick once over as well. Mushrooms are cool and we're my favorite until I bought my first zoa frag. Now I can't get enough of them!

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah its probably time to give mine a quick once over as well. Mushrooms are cool and we're my favorite until I bought my first zoa frag. Now I can't get enough of them!
I'm limited on what my lfs has. Most of the zoas are brown or green. I've never ordered coral online, a little reluctant

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful enough to have a buddy who has his own massive frag tanks, so I just get them from him, as far as ordering goes, I'm about to order.for the first time friday. We will see how it goes. It's from a member on here

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful enough to have a buddy who has his own massive frag tanks, so I just get them from him, as far as ordering goes, I'm about to order.for the first time friday. We will see how it goes. It's from a member on here
That is a good thing. Let me know how it goes, I wanna take the leap myself

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cleaning complete!

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a pistol. I caught one awhile back for my native tank.....then decided to bleach some of my live rock to save for later........and he was in that particular rock:(

OP
OP
NHreefguy

NHreefguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll take a pistol. I caught one awhile back for my native tank.....then decided to bleach some of my live rock to save for later........and he was in that particular rock:(
You can have as many as you want. All I can hear all day is them clicking. Of course both the tanks there on different sides of the house. I can't escape it haha.

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can have as many as you want. All I can hear all day is them clicking. Of course both the tanks there on different sides of the house. I can't escape it haha.
Man I love to hear them clicking. He's in there capping some fools:D lol

cameronh

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahaha I've always thought about the hermits and pistol shrimp having gang wars
Haha what? I think that's an over and done with deal, there's no war there lol. Apparently when they click, it's so fast that it generates an air pocket, and it very shortly reaches the temp of the sun haha. Have you seen what they do to shrimp??!! I had a big one I caught in my net in the tank, he was about five inches long. My pistol shrimp was about 2. Well long story short, he blasted that big shrimp. Game over for the shrimp haha.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 22.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 32.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back