30 Gallon Cube

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At the end of February I go in contact with a guy in Denver who was getting rid of his tank. The tank is a custom built 30 gallon cube with an overflow weir and custom 10 gallon sump. I got lucky and the guy worked in the glass industry and custom cut the tank panels from quarter inch Starphire ultra-clear glass. Running in the display of the tank I have the following:
AI Prim 16HD
AI Hydra 26HD
Sicce Voyager Nano 1000
Jebao SLW-20

In the sump I have space for a nice macro algae refugium and dual filter sock setup. The equipment I am running in there includes:
Coralife LED mini aqualight
Reef Octopus BH50 nano skimmer
Sicce Syncra 1.0 return pump

I stocked the tank with the coral, fish and rock from my previous 15 gallon tank. below is the picture of the tank right after it was set up.
New tank 1.jpg

OP
OP
CRath

CRath

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A new update on the tank (part one) . I have since moved to a new apartment and have made some significant changes to the tank. First, I changed some rock out to allow for more space for fish to explore. I have also begun shifting the tank to a more heavy SPS look at the top. I have also added more fish and made macroalgae refugium with a deep sand bed in a section of my sump. Lastly, I removed my AI prime HD and changed upgraded the diodes on my Hydra 26. It has been two months since I upgraded to the Luxidium Gold diodes and have already started to notice a welcomed pop in the colors of my corals.
1663729777840.jpeg

IMG_2181.jpg
IMG_2180.jpg
IMG_2182.jpg
IMG_2184.jpg

IMG_2185.jpg
IMG_2188.jpg
IMG_2187.jpg

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back