OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Love your built...Yes I agree Radions. I have 4 on my 300, XR30blues... I added 3 Kessil A360x in between each radion and I love the shimmer and extra Blue I can get. I have the Kessils at far blue come on at 7am go off at 9pm (max50%) the Radions come on at 10 go off at 7. I also use the kessil to modify program when we have people over so that the tank is not dark and so I do not have to mess with the radion program...
the lights themselves are great. Mobius, on the other hand... it's single handedly made me want to swap over from ecotech to another brand. it's embarrassing when people come to admire the tank, and you try to show them the amazing colors under blues only for half of the lights to turn off after 6 minutes

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I realized I'm going to have heating issues since I'm growing the phyto and pods in my garage. My solution is to add a heating mat with a temp sensor.

If this doesn't work I'll have to think about making a small insulated area for them to grow

Screenshot_20230107_143349_Amazon Shopping.jpg

littlebigreef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
You need to post some more full tank shots of your set up!

I was looking at your stocking list, did you ever get the bariene tang into the display or still in the garage?

Also, the tort is growing great for me. We'll have to meet up again soon, I'm getting close to putting all the sps back in the display!

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
You need to post some more full tank shots of your set up!

I was looking at your stocking list, did you ever get the bariene tang into the display or still in the garage?

Also, the tort is growing great for me. We'll have to meet up again soon, I'm getting close to putting all the sps back in the display!
I'm trying to work out full tank shots with my camera, as well as getting all the frag racks out of the way! I only have one more, then the tank will be FTS ready :D

the Bariene is still in the frag tank, i was figuring out a way to add him without causing havoc since the last time, the chocolate turned on him

I've got plenty of sps when you're ready!! I'm glad the tort is going well for you :) it's a nice one

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The first time I added a black tang was a mess. I added it at the same time as the Gem, the purple previously in the tank attached it and harassed it to death.

With the incoming if a quarentine black tang, I wanted something different. They're too big, unfortunately, for a quarentine box and the purple was too fast to catch! I needed something more creative

What I came up with was, using pvc and leftover mesh from when I made my lids, I crafted a diy tank divider

20230104_213244.jpg

20230104_232238.jpg

20230106_125420.jpg
20230106_125534.jpg

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hi guys. My name is fishy and I have an algae problem
20230128_164825.jpg

I go through a pack a week, I've noticed the tangs prefer red, then brown, then lastly green nori

Omega has had better reactions from them than supermarket or the 100packs of nori. From my observation

OrlandoAIOReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow this thread is way overdue for an update...

Ok so… acrylic sucks. I’ll just say it, it’s horrible. It scratches, it bows, it’s opaque. I remember reading before and not believing it but in the end, it’s true. Any benefit whatsoever to an acrylic tank ends the moment the tank is on the stand. Form there it doesn’t matter how cheap or light it was, its nonstop scratching. You’re ultimately left with the question: do I make big gashes trying to remove the coralline algae, or do I let the algae grow? Either way. Tank's gonna get pretty hard to enjoy

That why, last summer (2021), we reached out t9 glasscages for a custom made 300 gallon aquarium. By August of last year, it had arrived! It took 4 friends and a lot of lifting but we managed to get it right on the same sand as the previous, benefit was this tank was longer and an inch taller bringing the total water volume to 315
20210825_122004.jpg

20210825_152816.jpg

Hey do you have any pictures of how the acrylic was looking when it went bad? Just curious

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Hey do you have any pictures of how the acrylic was looking when it went bad? Just curious
No pictures unfortunately, it was just horribly scratched up and foggy, I was at the point where I was getting coraline and realized I could either clean the coraline on the side or deal with scratches.

OP
OP
Fishyfish22

Fishyfish22

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Haven't updated in a few months but I have some exciting news... I got a new sump! I just received my new Bashea Pro Series 60

I'll be using it with a reefmat 1200.

This will replace the smaller cr44 sump currently in the tank. I'm desperate for a rollermat, I'm at the point where I'm changing filter socks every week due to the bioload in the tank. The trigger cr44 unfortunately doesn't support a rollermat
20230524_163158.jpg

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't updated in a few months but I have some exciting news... I got a new sump! I just received my new Bashea Pro Series 60

I'll be using it with a reefmat 1200.

This will replace the smaller cr44 sump currently in the tank. I'm desperate for a rollermat, I'm at the point where I'm changing filter socks every week due to the bioload in the tank. The trigger cr44 unfortunately doesn't support a rollermat
20230524_163158.jpg

I have the Pro and the 1200 and love them. I have never touched a filter sock. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back