300 Gallon Stock Tank Predator Pond Build

josh childs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will be documenting my 300 gallon rubbermaid stock tank pond here. Plans are a cat shark and a ray, tangs, triggers. Any advice would be great. Will be my first fish only tank (150 gallon SPS tank)

AquaticJamaica

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should make a build thread for both. Dont worry i know I don't have one yet but i'll finally upload some pictures and stuff after cable management.

OP
OP
josh childs

josh childs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Went to Tractor Supply today and purchased a 140 gallon tub. The dimensions are smaller but for $60 bucks you can't pass this up. also the 300 wouldn't fit into my truck :(. I will be buying the equipment for it as time goes on and will set this up as soon as I can. My 150 gallon is doing very well, good growth. As for sharks and rays I don't see this being viable for long. Will probably hatch a banded cat shark and keep it for a couple of years. Ray I may leave for now. This tub has an awesome footprint. I have a 75 gallon sump for it already and will be using my vertex omega 150 on this system and will be upgrading the 150 gallon system with a new reef octopus. Excited to get the ball rolling!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 23.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 58 34.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 53 31.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 8.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back