3000gph Glass=holes overflow

ecam

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys i purchased a 3000 gph overflow box from Glass-holes which was installed in my 180 gallon tank. It has hard pvc from the elbow into a 45 (a 2 ft drop) and then into a 90 where it dumps into the sump (with a pipe taking it below the water line).... I hear the water in the pipes and the tank is in my living room. Its too late to reach back there and angle the pipes. So does anyone have any other options to get this thing silent... I'm desperate!!!!

Considering a reverse durso that would start from the last 90 into another a 3" "wye" with a pipe going up into air and the rest going into the sump itself... any advice will this work? im trying to get silence... I know i'm obsessing but im determined to get this silent.

Im currently using a 4K return pump that is split into a bleeder that goes back into the skimmer error and then a 5-valve manifold which sits about 8ft from the return pump...

any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so, you hear the water rushing down your pipes? Sounds like it hitting the bottom? not gurgling in the overflow right? if this is the case, get you a pool noodle or two and slit them lengthwise and wrap it around the pipe to insulate the noisy water.

Saltlife

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the same problem, this overflow is crazy loud. If I slow down the water flow it is a little quieter but it is still loud flowing into the overflow itself. I also used 45s instead of 90s.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 51 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 180 72.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.8%
Back