302 Aquatics Algae Scrubber

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just picked one up for myself for my Red Sea Reefer 170. First let me start off with my initial convo with them.

Upon speaking with them I was planning on buying the smallest unit. I was on the phone with them for roughly 45 min speaking about what my plans were with the tank, livestock, feeding and what end goals I wanted. They pointed me in another direction to accommodate what I wanted. They listed to my needs. Not something oversized or undersized. Speaking with them they explained each size they do and why. Now this tends to get lengthy.

It's not based on feeding alone. That is just one aspect of it. There are many more aspects of how to size the proper unit for each customer, or you need to go buy gallons for one reason it makes it easy for the end-user to understand hey I have a 50 gallon tank or I have a 200 gallon tank all of their scrubbers are based off of gallon-size at moderate feeding, then when speaking with a customer they then determine if they need to go smaller or bigger based upon the customers equipment or what the customers trying to achieve. Does the customer just want to supplement waste removal by using the scrubber well then the recommended size is what you need, but if you're trying to stop using money sucking chemicals and absorbance like gfo, phosban, and so on or are you trying to achieve stop using your skimmer or are you trying to limit your water changes to half or to 0 or are you trying to achieve all three.

All of this was explained very thoroughly to me and after speaking with them all made perfect sense. Few friends have these units and previously owned units from other companies (nothing bad to say about any of the companies they dealt with either).

Anyway to end a long rant, I am VERY pleased with the customer service, and the customization you can do. You can get emergency drains or not (your choice), they can come in any color you want so you're not limited to only one option. They will build custom sump stands if you need one as I did. Not to mention price point. My scrubber, stand, and pump only cost me $225.00 vs 300-450.

THIS POST IS IN NO WAY OF TRYING TO SELL OR BASH ANY PRODUCT. THIS IS JUST ME POSTING MY EXPERIENCE WITH 302 AQUATICS AND THE PLEASURE I HAD WITH WORKING WITH THEM.

john.m.cole3

cyclOps
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an wesome review! Very helpful.

How often do you clean out your scrubber?

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's an wesome review! Very helpful.

How often do you clean out your scrubber?
I actually just set up my tank but know a few folks with them locally who have to clean out every 7-10 days one who still runs a skimmer is about every 2 weeks.

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So just to post a update, after day 3 of running I have algae growth. Dark green so it looks to be. Will hold off on cleaning until I hit the 2 week mark and post some photos.

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So day 6 after first running scrubber my screen is completely covered. Imagine within the next few days the growth will be doubled since it is now seeded. So far very happy with the product and it is doing its job!

blizzardscout2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a 170. I have been eyeing one of these for my new setup for 9 months. Thanks for sharing your experience.

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just ordered a 170. I have been eyeing one of these for my new setup for 9 months. Thanks for sharing your experience.
I think you will be very happy with your product! Please post pics on here when ya get it. Ill be posting some more pics here soon on day 14 for my first cleaning.

blizzardscout2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will once I get it all set up. I just ordered the same scrubber too. I hope you don't mind if I copy you. :D I will be placing mine on the right side though because my skimmer needs to be on the left.

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will once I get it all set up. I just ordered the same scrubber too. I hope you don't mind if I copy you. :D I will be placing mine on the right side though because my skimmer needs to be on the left.
Be sure to post pics on here!

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for not getting pics on here, been dealing with some medical issues. After my first cleaning about 2 days later screen was covered in a thicker algae. Its only been about 5 days, so I will give this cleaning a 14 day period and post pics of production when I remove the screen. So far it is working out VERY well.

blizzardscout2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about medical issues. I'm glad it's working great. Merry Christmas!

brogers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my unit on my Reefer 170 with sump stand

Can you Pleeease post more pics of the unit and how you made it fit in sump? I dont know whether to purchase this or the rain2....

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you Pleeease post more pics of the unit and how you made it fit in sump? I dont know whether to purchase this or the rain2....

They built me a custom stand for it to fit in the sump

Water Dog

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope your health issues are better... That said, this thread needs more pictures! :D

OP
OP
C

CKI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to moving my tank will be getting tore down and parted out. Not sure if there will be any pics soon! lol

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 4 2.8%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back