302 Aquatics Algae Scrubber

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CKI
I'm very interested in purchasing a ATS from the same company. Did you notice any significant improvements in the health of your system because of the ATS?

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bad design, bad build, tried return, they fought me every step of the way, I never installed it, it was so badly built. beware do not do it....

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i need one badly, very badly, but i won't put this thing in my system. I'm looking for an alternative. found one actually and am just waiting for them to make and send one to me. seems i'm on a waiting list but I'd rather do my water changes and wait then put this piece of ### in . the lights are all wrong and and not even the right spectrum, plus they light up the whole sump area which means whatever does grow, grows all over your sump system. the drain system is the worse and will plug up on you and or leak the hair algae back into your system. just don't do it.. it's something somebody threw together to sell to make a quick buck on the backs of good systems.. and when you want to return the thing they refuse to... don't believe the return policy. they just pretty much laugh and ignore you.

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I was considering TA also. He builds ATS as a side job...it seems his Day job and Family slow down the process a little, but looks like a Great product. It looks like he has the L2's ready for shipping, but the larger ATS take longer

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you asked for an alternative and so I suggested one. my point of participation is you really need to consider before doing business with those other guys. very bad news, very bad for the hobby. ask yourself, can you really afford to throw that money out the window? I can almost guarantee you, when you get the thing, you won't want to install it...and he will NOT give you a refund.....

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fwiw, if you don't plan to have the ATS as your sole means of nutrient control the L2 can handle a good size tank. I've been running an L3 but his older rev3 model on my 180. I also run a skimmer, carbon dose, and daily 1% water changes. The L3 consistently produces.

I wouldn't hesitate to put an L2 on a tank that also still provides several methods of export easily up to a 120g tank regardless of "cubes" fed. If one method temporarily fails the others pick up the slack and I believe all complement each other well.

I am also on a waiting list for his new rev4 model as I love my rev3 so much and he puts a lot of thought into his product. So much so I see a significant enough of a change I really look forward to the rev4. And yes he is really backed up but making some head way now that a HUGE project at his work is wrapping up. It was huge too.
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/i...ae-scrubber-rev-4.212728/page-33#post-3775200

Addicted2ACRO's

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason,
Thanks for the info. I am looking into the L2 Rev4. I have a 180 SPS Dominate system. Would the L2 be adequate or should I go with the L3? Also do you have a contact number for the manufacturer? I would much rather talk to someone then place an order via email

Last edited:

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Jason,
Thanks for the info. I am looking into the L2 Rev4. I have a 180 SPS Dominate system. Would the L2 be adequate or should I go with the L3? Also do you have a contact number for the manufacturer? I would much rather talk to someone then place an order via email
I don't think I've ever called him? Maybe he's called me once. Can't remember. He's just this guy you know.... [emoji4]

Bud can be PMed here and on his forum too which is how I usually got a hold if him or his thread I linked to above. For a 180g I'd lean toward the L3/L4. I'm actually on order for a L8 which is probably entirely unnecessary. lol

jason2459

Not a paid scientist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back