Introducing the new Turbo Algae Scrubber! (Rev 4)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Jonty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you also contact me?
Thank you

Last edited:
OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

IxTCxI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey bud any movement yet? I"m really struggling here. i'm doing 2 40 gallon water changes a week, I've got nitrates that is around 40-50, and phosphates that is in the .2-.3. I can't grow chaeto for whatever reason, , the only thing I can grow is hair algae. are you getting any done at all?

Salty1962

Wrasse and SPS Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well worth the wait! I'm pulling @2.5~3oz of algae a week out of my little 65. It took a couple of months but my algae issues are increasingly subsiding.

petemichelle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
oh i understand, i actually sent another brand algae scrubber back because I didn't like the build. I had it in my hand but wanted it right. I just am being overwhelmed by the maintenance until I can get one. I lose a couple SPS a month so Im' just not going to buy anymore until I get this right. they just start to bleach from the bottom up. Like I said, I would even take an older version to use until he can get me the updated one.

MikeyB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^ This 100%

I waited a long time for mine, was probably around a year, but in the mean time i threw together a janky algae scruubber to hold me over and it worked ok but switched once i got mine

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey bud any movement yet? I"m really struggling here. i'm doing 2 40 gallon water changes a week, I've got nitrates that is around 40-50, and phosphates that is in the .2-.3. I can't grow chaeto for whatever reason, , the only thing I can grow is hair algae. are you getting any done at all?
I'm only able to squeeze out a minimal amount right now, but all the rest of life is easing off the gas and I've been able to get more and more done each week - still not at the production level I was at during this time last year though.
do you maybe have an older version I can get from you until I come up on the list?
oh i understand, i actually sent another brand algae scrubber back because I didn't like the build. I had it in my hand but wanted it right. I just am being overwhelmed by the maintenance until I can get one. I lose a couple SPS a month so Im' just not going to buy anymore until I get this right. they just start to bleach from the bottom up. Like I said, I would even take an older version to use until he can get me the updated one.
Sorry to hear about this...unfortunately, it would be almost as much work (if not more) to put one of those models together at this point.

Dumaurier7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a different note, I have always been running a KORRALIN de-nitrator on my tank and have always had undetectable nitrate levels when I test, I also used GFO for phosphates. Couple months ago I had a huge CYANO outbreak which covered all my rocks and sand! I was hesitant to start dealing with it so I wanted for the ATS. After receiving my L4 from bud I installed it and intentionally did not change anything else since I wanted to be able to determine its performance. At present the CYANO is completely gone without any kind of intervention by me, my sand is pure white, I clean a very light film off my glass every two weeks and I have now had to change my skimmer operation from 24/7 to 3 days a week at 8 hours per day since it just runs and doesn't produce any skim mate[emoji844]
The scrubber is well worth the wait guys [emoji844]

Ps: I've never done a water change either[emoji844]

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For what it's worth, I am starting to ramp up production again. After this weekend (oldest son's HS grad & party) I'll have a lot more free home time. After work started to ramp down, the honeydo list had grown to epic proportions (not that it isn't always epic) and then the grad thing meant the extra work effort just shifted right over to home effort.

At least the work project was a worthy one. I don't know how many whiskey drinkers there are out there but this is the project that tied up my entire life for the last 3 months. Our firm did the electrical (me), mechanical, plumbing, and structural engineering design.

JobSign-mockup-144x72.jpg

Maacc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a small batch bourbon and single malt scotch fan, but it always brings a little tear to my eye when a distillery gets bigger. Most important question did you guys run a pipe to the outside to drive up and fill your own barrels? With the higher yield they might not even notice 15 gallons every week or so. ;)

805reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
congrats on your sons graduation and for you getting some time back to yourself. I love my L2 and will continue to wait patiently as long as it takes to upgrade to the L4.

OP
OP
Turbo's Aquatics

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a small batch bourbon and single malt scotch fan, but it always brings a little tear to my eye when a distillery gets bigger.
Well right now it's not even being distilled in Templeton, like most "small batch" whiskey, those are generally all made at MGP in Indiana. "Small batch" is considered to be less than 500,000 proof gallons per year, this distillery is designed for that and then expansion a few years down the road. So at least until that expansion, it will still be considered (by the industry) to be "small batch". Also, being in total control of the distilling process, this could mean some great things for TR. Time will tell, I think it depends on their master distiller.

Most important question did you guys run a pipe to the outside to drive up and fill your own barrels? With the higher yield they might not even notice 15 gallons every week or so. ;)
SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Back