My DIY Algae Turf Scrubber - 3d printed

  • Thread starter Thread starter PPBlimpy
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PPBlimpy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
2,012
Reaction score
2,526
Location
Cumberland
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just figured I would share.

This was the first go around, have some tweaks I have made and will reprint again eventually as I want to ad one to my other system.

It was designed to straddle a 10G petco special cheapy tank. I also printed an input/heater chamber w/ 4" filter sock and a return pump housing.

Designed by me with fusion360 and printed on a 15 year old Creality CR-10

I have also made brackets that allow me to hang on the side of a larger sump and it currently being utilized in my Big system. brought my little system to undetectable nutrients while I was on vacation.

Next revision will be about 1" wider, thicker acrylic, and a better sealing area for the pipe. Also looking into a dimmable light as this is a bit intense!



4473203-b53be1b281d3c9600920792ec6816400.webp

4473204-655d975086397d877ef79e279f5ea2a0.webp

4473205-715e572dd2d655ac6052336ae578ff90.webp

4473206-06adb5b23abbdf79fe3692e80bfcd9fe.webp

4473207-27fd0d8e550e155836e438f71c29a749.webp
 
Thanks for sharing this!
 
Very nice work!
 
I definitely need this! What kind of lights are those you are using?

Would this fit an emerald trigger 39 sump?
 
Very nice! Would you share the STL?

I generally do not share my designs. Have found a couple of my early items being sold.


I definitely need this! What kind of lights are those you are using?

Would this fit an emerald trigger 39 sump?

No idea if it would fit. Not sure the dimensions but I am sure I can adjust.

The lights are 35w grow lights off amazon. I will see if I can find the link.
 
I definitely need this! What kind of lights are those you are using?

Would this fit an emerald trigger 39 sump?

https://a.co/d/0h22DjhN

So I thought they were 35w. I need to double check now because I believe these are them but mine may be an older model.

These are 100w. May explain why the center won’t grow anything.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 26 29.5%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 8.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new