Algae Scrubber for Waterbox Cube 20

BrittBrittKaiz

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2021
Messages
253
Reaction score
438
Location
Lafayette, Louisiana
What state or country do you live in
Louisiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260204_205019_757CEF28-9D13-409C-90CE-547E65B38849.png

Should have taken more pictures throughout the process, but here we are.

I decided I wanted to try and create my own algae turf scrubber for my RedSea Reefer 525 as I have problems with pH swings and overall nutrient control. But I wanted a practice run, so I made one for my Waterbox Cube at a much smaller scale.

I found a 3D print file for the case on Thingiverse. Bless the sweet soul who designed it, because designing things is not my forte. It’s printed in black PETG. Took about 7 hours. (Thanks, husband).

I found some waterproof, submersible lights that were a bit too long for the case we printed, so we just elongated the case by about an inch. The lights fit perfectly after that adjustment. Added an air stone and zip-tied some knitting mesh from hobby lobby that I roughed up a bit with a knife. Closed it up with the printed cover so the light doesn’t bleed into my AIO chambers. Boom. Done.

I guess we’ll see in a week or so if anything starts growing on it 🤷🏻‍♀️
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 27 15.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new