30g Oceanic Cube

Typhon

Force of Nature
View Badges
Joined
Dec 10, 2009
Messages
347
Reaction score
254
Location
Charlotte, NC
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey Everyone,
Just wanted share some pics and info about my 30g Oceanic Cube. I have it up and running for about year now.

Specs:
Tank: 30g Oceanic Cube
Skimmer: H&S 90-F1000 (Rated 90g) with silencer
Lighting: 150w Solana Disco Ball Fixture
Filtration : 13g custom acrylic
Flow: Tunze Nano 6055 with single controller
Temp: Dual Ranco Controller

Also, have Kalk reactor that I run RO thru.

Here is the tank just setup and ready for water.

PC200012.jpg

PC200008.jpg

PC200013.jpg


Here is a pic of the custom overflow I put in.

PC200009.jpg
 
Last edited:
Here are some pics of the H&S. Great skimmer and whisper quiet with the silencer.

P1170003.jpg

P1170005.jpg

P1170006.jpg
 
Looks like a nice start, I can't wait to see a final product. One question though it say's "Filtration:13g custom acrylic" what do you mean by that? Also what do you mean you run Kalc threw your Ro? Do you mean your RO/unite, Is that safe with the membrain?
 
Here are some pics of the tank with some Marco rock, sand and beginning to fill.

P1060014.jpg

P1060014.jpg
 
Here is the tank filled with a few pieces of LR to seed the Marco rock.

P1070022.jpg

P1070019.jpg

P1070018.jpg

P1070017.jpg

P1070016.jpg
 
Here are a few pics of what's under the cabinet.

Return pump - PW 30PX-MD15. Run slient, but only outputs 258gph.

P2040034.jpg


Sump with skimmer up and running

P2040033.jpg

P1180010.jpg

P1180009.jpg

P1180007.jpg

P2040031.jpg
 
Closer look at the skimmer. Nice skimmate in only a few hours.

P1180008.jpg

P2040032.jpg
 
Here are a few pics of the tank up and running for 2.5 months. With a few corals add.

P2040035.jpg

P2040036.jpg

P2040037.jpg

P2040039.jpg
 
Looks really nice man. looks elegant. I also created my own little over flow that goes to a Deltec MCE600, but mine is magnetized so I can move it up and down depending on water level.
 
Thanks..

I was looking at HOB skimmer too, but was able to find a H&S small enough for the sump.

Looks really nice man. looks elegant. I also created my own little over flow that goes to a Deltec MCE600, but mine is magnetized so I can move it up and down depending on water level.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new