30x30 inch space cube suggestion

Quiverfull

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2016
Messages
189
Reaction score
97
Location
Ohio
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 30 x 30 inch space I would like to place a cube in. I would plumb through the back wall into my fish room for sump (see image). Any suggestions?
IMG_2134.jpeg
 
I would suggest going custom for the tank.
 
I'm also planning for a 30x30x20 in the living room, having a wild idea of plumbing to the basement to have big sump area but then give up since it's not convenient for maintenance. In your case since the sump is just behind the wall it should be nice.
 
I might have to go custom. I want the back and the left side to be black and starfire glass on front and right side. Also want an external overflow on back. I guess I have to do a bit more research.
 
I got a 30" on a screaming deal from a friend last year. It was a Glasscages aquarium. Well built.
 
I am now thinking of a CADE 600 S2. it's 24x24x24 inches for the tank plus external overflow and built in ATO adds few more inches to the back. Looks like a great all in one set up.
 
I would just go with an off the shelf 60g cube.. 24" all around, the extra 6" will be nice for clearance by your doorway.
Sweet looking setup btw!
 
I placed my order for a Cade 600 S2 - 24x24x24. I have not seen any negatives other than the size of the sump which is not a huge deal for me as I have plenty of space behind the wall for additional equipment. I will send a pic once I have it in place.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 7.4%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new