3155 can i just use the big magnet

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
3155 in a lagoon 25 gallon AIO. manual says to use both magnets one for each sensor when using a cabinet. i cant fit well two large magnets in my back sump. can i just use both sensors on the single magnet?

i cant see why not it is the same redundency no?

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't follow the question. There is one magnet 'pair', the wet side and dry side. Both the float switch and optical sensor mount on the same wet side magnet.

OP
OP
jld

jld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't follow the question. There is one magnet 'pair', the wet side and dry side. Both the float switch and optical sensor mount on the same wet side magnet.

there are 2 sets of magnets with the 3155. one magnet pair can hold both sensors but a second small set can hold the mechanical sensor in another area.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Generally we recommend remote install of the float on the second magnet holder with a sump so that if the return pump is powered down the alarm is not sounded by the raised float. Their is no problem otherwise with both sensors on the same magnet and that is what I would do on an all in one set up.

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please also keep in mind with the small size of your set up, open the controller and turn the pump speed to nano, make sure the top off hose is not near the optic sensor and push the optic sensor mount down as far as it will go so there is the maximum distance between the float and optic sensor.

OP
OP
jld

jld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the nano setting says maximum pump height of 39inches. i am like 49inch pump height???? medium be fine?

fitting everything i think using the second magnet will work fine. do you see issues with this setup?
99E6F9BF-4CE2-4E06-9434-6C636E7E3C95.jpeg

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having the magnets very close tends to be a bad idea, the float switch is a magnetic switch prone to magnetic interference, you don't have a real sump, so there is no need for this set up. The main concern is the small tank size, the full size Osmolator deliberately overfills for 5 seconds and always fills for 15-20 seconds when powered up, this is a trivial amount on a bigger set up but on a 25 it can raise the float and cause the alarm to sound, I would try a speed if not Nano, very close to Nano as this will reduce the amount added during the timed fills.

don_chuwish

Smells something fishy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh neat, is that 2nd mag mount a new thing? Don't think mine came with one. Of course it could just be my bad memory too...

rvitko

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They have always come with 2 magnets but from 2009-2013 it was 2 big magnets, one with no optic sensor mount. The smaller magnet for the float is since 2013

OP
OP
jld

jld

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok i’ll combine sensors on the big magnet and turn down to nano setting and do some tests when i get it filled very soon. appreciate the help.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back