32 AIO upgrade - now with more knowledge

OwduaNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This will be my tank update thread.
Wish I had found this when I started more than a month ago, but this photo is after the fishless cycle has completed and I’ve added my first fish and inverts.
Background: I have been in the freshwater hobby on and off since I was a troublesome kid ruining my grandmas tanks. I have 3 freshwater running smoothly right now.
A couple years ago I got the Biota full freshwater kit, but did not keep up with the maintenance well enough. I still had it running but only with live rock and two toadstool corals. After gaining a ton more knowledge, I’ve upgraded to this beautiful 32.5 AIO. I would have liked to go larger as it would be more stable, but this was the biggest within my current price range. Here’s to being successful with this one and hopefully upgrading to a full on reef ready system one day!

029C93C0-4D3D-4B79-A1FA-32435D7BDBFD.jpeg

OP
OP
O

OwduaNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost 3 months in an everything is going well. I did lose an emerald crab, but my original corals and the corals I’ve added from the Cherry Corals live sale are doing very well! Edith, our yellow tang is very fun to watch as she swims through every nook and cave she can find.

OP
OP
O

OwduaNM

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another 2 weeks and things are going very well. Learning the balance of feeding and water changes to keep nitrates down. Have had them creep up between 10 and 20 on me.
Added corals from SD corals last week including my first Scoly and I am super stoked. I am impressed with the quality of corals and packaging from Cherry Corals and AquaSD.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 42.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.2%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 33.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back