32 biocube going crazy!

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody!
My biocube suddenly started blasting water from the middle media compartment into the pump compartment! It is extremely noisy and I don't know what is going on! Is something broken? I checked all 3 compartments, and I don't see anything wrong. The water is flowing from a factory made hole leading to pump compartment! HELP!!

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everybody!
My biocube suddenly started blasting water from the middle media compartment into the pump compartment! It is extremely noisy and I don't know what is going on! Is something broken? I checked all 3 compartments, and I don't see anything wrong. The water is flowing from a factory made hole leading to pump compartment! HELP!!

hdsoftail1065

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 32 did not have anything in the center chamber would blast water unless you added something? It was the fuge area on mine. Not sure if things evolved since I owned one. I had a similar experience went my pump hose split or slipped off the pump that caused the same kind blasting and I thought it was coming from the center. Did you happen to check your pump line?

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a foam block/piece at the bottom between chamber 2 and chamber 3 that might have come loose/out... though what you describe sounds more like Hdsoftail1065 suggest, that the hose came lose from the pump, down at the bottom

BubblesandSqueak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's a foam block/piece at the bottom between chamber 2 and chamber 3 that might have come loose/out... though what you describe sounds more like Hdsoftail1065 suggest, that the hose came lose from the pump, down at the bottom
yes, this gets clogged and when it does it shoots water from that hole.

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did check the hose atyachment and I made sure the foam piece was in the right place but it kept shooting water in there. I didn't see if it was split though. Checked a few times in the night but it was still doing it. Then in the morning it stopped and it was back to normal! I don't really know what happened but I'm glad it stopped! Thanks for your help everybody!

Roadkillstewie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what do you have in the middle chamber? Sounds almost like you had some sort of obstruction to the bottom flow through between the chamber.... or wonder if something partially blocked the return line and you were seeing, water flushing from the impeller.

MarineandReef Jaron

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you are talking about water coming through the small cut-out in the back of the wall that separates the media compartment and pump compartment. If this is the case. This is an emergency overflow protection in case the sponge at the bottom of the dividing wall is clogged. My guess is that your sponge is clogged.

OP
OP
SlicVic

SlicVic

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you are talking about water coming through the small cut-out in the back of the wall that separates the media compartment and pump compartment. If this is the case. This is an emergency overflow protection in case the sponge at the bottom of the dividing wall is clogged. My guess is that your sponge is clogged.
Thank you! Now I know!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 41 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 15 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 145 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.6%
Back