32 Biocube Return Pump

I have the original pump ( I have backup just in case) and a Hygger 2600 without any problems. Maybe just newer, my tank is just over 2 years.
06C6D403-5ADB-4D37-A301-C0C313F26F04.jpeg
 
I use a IM MightyJet 538gph, also on a spin stream and a Nero 5 ( running max at 50%)on the side glass for cross flow, just under the spin stream
I looked at one of these the other day. It seems to big. Did you have to modify the tank at all?
 
Having a hard time finding exact dimensions of chamber 3.
I am looking at the IM Mighty jet but now sure if I can fit the mighty jet midsize desktop (538 GPH). I know I can fit the mighty jet desktop AIO Dc return pump (326 GPH) ? There is about a .7” diff in length but cannot determine if I can fit the midsize.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
 
Anybody who has a 32 biocube, did you keep your stock return pump? Or did you upgrade it? I'm thinking of upgrading it. So I was wondering what your suggestions would be on a replacement for the return pump. It seems after about a year the return pump isn't performing as well.
I’ve been running the same stock pump for 2 years. Sometimes it can get a bit clogged up. I use a turkey baster to spray water into the pumps chamber and you’ll see all the sediment start flowing out of the nozzle. I do this until I don’t see any sediment flowing out of the nozzle.
 
Does anyone know if the mighty jet midsize desktop (538 GPH) fits into chamber 3 of the Biocube 32?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new