OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a ton of snails, a conch, two gorgonians and some blue Hypnea from Alyssa’s Seahorse Savvy. Have plenty of new tank diatoms for them to eat! Not sure if the silver gorgonian is alive? We shall see. Can’t wait for the tank to fill in. Fish are all doing wonderful.

IMG_6501.jpeg IMG_6516.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Conch has been putting in work, sandbed looking awesome. Silver gorg didn’t make it either, but tank is looking pretty good right now.

Attachments

• IMG_6535.jpeg
    IMG_6535.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 50

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@toadstool, nice setup. I have the same tank Fiji Cube 32gal AIO since July 2022 (upgraded from Waterbox Cube 20). This tank has near perfect dimension for me. Design, quality is excellent. LOVE IT.

How's your tank lid, does it fit the tank nicely? (I thought the lid is for the External 32 gal. Can you take more shots on it please. Currently, I am using the DIY lid with window frame + mesh.

This is my tank. Not a good photo because I kept the photo for progress documentation. It's not for show.
IMG_3497.JPG

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@toadstool, nice setup. I have the same tank Fiji Cube 32gal AIO since July 2022 (upgraded from Waterbox Cube 20). This tank has near perfect dimension for me. Design, quality is excellent. LOVE IT.

How's your tank lid, does it fit the tank nicely? (I thought the lid is for the External 32 gal. Can you take more shots on it please. Currently, I am using the DIY lid with window frame + mesh.

This is my tank. Not a good photo because I kept the photo for progress documentation. It's not for show.
IMG_3497.JPG
I love this tank too!! Dimensions are amazing! Mine is coming alone nicely! Here is the link to the 32 AIO lid (there’s the EXT one too, it’s different) https://krakenreef.com/products/fiji-cube-aio-nano-32-lid

I like it a lot! Small enough mesh none of my fish BBQ themselves, and there is a lip around the edge to prevent it from slipping around. I attached pics!

Attachments

• IMG_6612.jpeg
    IMG_6612.jpeg
    100.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_6613.jpeg
    IMG_6613.jpeg
    210.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_6614.jpeg
    IMG_6614.jpeg
    67 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_6615.jpeg
    IMG_6615.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_6616.jpeg
    IMG_6616.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 52

BigBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fiji 32 AIO. I got it about 6 months ago. I liked it at first but the way the back chambers are setup is a bit weird. Most of my overflow goes into that little slot directly behind it and not through the filter basket behind it. I 3D printed some forms that push the water directly into the main chamber on the left.
You didn't happen to find a roller filter that fit well in the back did you? I'm designing one but it's a bit of a PITA.

Lebowski_

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Fiji 32 AIO. I got it about 6 months ago. I liked it at first but the way the back chambers are setup is a bit weird. Most of my overflow goes into that little slot directly behind it and not through the filter basket behind it. I 3D printed some forms that push the water directly into the main chamber on the left.
You didn't happen to find a roller filter that fit well in the back did you? I'm designing one but it's a bit of a PITA.
Yeah I noticed that there are gaps where the overflow is. And no I haven’t gotten a filter roller!

Haacheew

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
... Most of my overflow goes into that little slot directly behind it and not through the filter basket behind it.
The "narrow slot" directly behind the overflow is a "narrow chamber" for the under-flow with height adjustable bottom weir design allowing water intake from the bottom of the tank. Pretty unique.

So, both top-over-flow and bottom-under-flow meet/mix in the narrow chamber first then flow into the filter basket chambers. If your tank water level is not high "enough", it does look like the water over-flow into the narrow chamber and not much directly over the filter chamber. At least this is my observation.

I use filter floss with media basket in lieu of filter sock. The filter floss catches a lot of debris that I have to clean every other day. It works great.

Last edited:

BigBabich

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the lower slots open a bit. Wish I realized what would happen before I put rock and livestock in. One is no longer easily accessible. Which pretty much makes the 2 socks the system came with utterly useless.
I decided to try a filter roller because of it. But I couldn't find any that fit. So I'm making my own in Fusion360 and will print them on a 3D printer (PETG). I'll let you know if its worth it.

OP
OP
toadstool_paradise

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven’t updated in a while, had a few gorgonian losses..can’t seem to have any stay alive besides my one orange spiny that’s doing fine.

Banana the canary blenny was doing okay at first but the eye that was damaged when I got him is getting worse and sinking into his head, and I’m pretty sure he’s mostly blind in both eyes now. Spends his days laying across rocks and not moving unless he smells food and attempts to eat but misses 99% of the time. Not sure how long he will last. Corals are doing mediocre and I’m not sure what’s going on really. Water testing all normal and temp and salinity never change. Who knows! Have been too busy to care.

Will update with pics after water change and glass scraping.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back