32"x32"x24" cube rimless new build

DaemonD

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am planning to set up a custom cube and set it into the corner of my living room.
Do any of you with experience with the 30"+ cubes have any recommendations?
Having difficulty deciding if I paint out both sides facing the walls or if I only do the back.
Reaching back is probably going to be quite a reach.
Any pitfalls to watch for with this size tank?

chef_pinky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 150 cube - 36”x36.

I did not paint the sides or back as I am going to let GSP grow out on those sides. Water flow is an issue, but I resolved with putting powerheads on the front and side glass. Not ideal but it does not bother me.

I absolutely love the tank though, can be very creative with rock work and give tons of depth.

I just finished my cycle and added my first fish yesterday. Here are a few pics of how mine is set up. Good luck!

03444863946f4ed54813916e70cf0231.jpg

b5c7423fde6d8026716d3cef5e18a6fb.jpg
08d963b6343cf61b178407e9ea615878.jpg

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I am planning to set up a custom cube and set it into the corner of my living room.
Do any of you with experience with the 30"+ cubes have any recommendations?
Having difficulty deciding if I paint out both sides facing the walls or if I only do the back.
Reaching back is probably going to be quite a reach.
Any pitfalls to watch for with this size tank?

I struggled with the decision to paint or not paint the back sides of my 93 cube. I decided not to as I plan to upgrade in a couple of years again and thought it would be easier to sell without the paint. Personal decision I guess. As far as pitfalls go, I would make your own stand. The manufactured stands at least on the Marineland cubes are way too short. You run out of space for your equipment.

I do love the footprint of the cubes. Good luck!

Hentz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had that size... however I had a 93 Cube that I never set up. My recommendation, if you want a black or white background, use Plastidip to paint the back. If you ever want to change the color or remove it for a future buyer, it peels right off. I’ve used it on almost every tank.

As for stand, agreed on above. Build your own. The main reason I didn’t go with my 93, is because the stand was way way too short. I also didn’t have the funds for a custom stand.

marioensf

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paint both pieces facing the wall.
You can do the Plastidip.
As Chef states, GSP is great to cover glass; pom-pom xenia is also great and gives the flat surface life with the flow of the water.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 17 32.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 10 19.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.9%
Back