32 Gallon Fiji Cube AIO .. QUESTIONS PLEASE

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fam! I have a 32 gallon aio Fiji cube….

It came with 2 media baskets. Do I use both? If not on one side I’ll do the media basket and suggestions on what to do on other chamber on the end.

Also, chamber with return pump is huge. Obviously leave this empty right? Any suggestions on how what to put in chambers?

Also, starting cycling today, aquascape done , add sand and water? Let it run before adding Dr Tim’s and ammonium chloride? And should I wait to add carbon? Media filter balls? Or just throw it in there?

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully someone can answer all (fingers crossed)

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey fam! I have a 32 gallon aio Fiji cube….

It came with 2 media baskets. Do I use both? If not on one side I’ll do the media basket and suggestions on what to do on other chamber on the end.

Also, chamber with return pump is huge. Obviously leave this empty right? Any suggestions on how what to put in chambers?

Also, starting cycling today, aquascape done , add sand and water? Let it run before adding Dr Tim’s and ammonium chloride? And should I wait to add carbon? Media filter balls? Or just throw it in there?

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully someone can answer all (fingers crossed)
You can use both media baskets, but if I were you I would add a skimmer to one of them, and keep the media basket in the other.

My return pump chamber is big too...

I would leave it empty from any mechanical filtration, but if you put something protective over the return pump so only water can get in, I think adding some media in it would be fine.

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a prompt response! Any idea with the whole thing about cycling and the media filter balls and carbon and ammonia chloride and Dr Tim’s lol

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for a prompt response! Any idea with the whole thing about cycling and the media filter balls and carbon and ammonia chloride and Dr Tim’s lol

Remove carbon, add ammonia or an ammonia source (about 2ppm is common for cycling), the bacteria, give it a week or so, test.

Add half of what Dr Tim's recommends for the ammonia and add the whole bottle of bacteria

WalkerLoves_TheOcean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can start adding the ammonium chloride.

Not to sure about the other stuff though.... Sorry.

OP
OP
jdivz87

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Remove carbon, add ammonia or an ammonia source (about 2ppm is common for cycling), the bacteria, give it a week or so, test.

Add half of what Dr Tim's recommends for the ammonia and add the whole bottle of bacteria
So ammonium chloride wait a week and then add Dr Tim’s ??

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 87 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.2%
Back