Please someone be clear

jdivz87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Fam! So I’m starting my 32 Fiji cube AIO build.

I need serious suggestions only please about rear chamber media? Where should I put what? My Fijicube came with 2 filter socks and holders BTW and the return pump

Can someone be clear and concise!

Thanks so much guys

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I need serious suggestions only please about rear chamber media? Where should I put what? My Fijicube came with 2 filter socks and holders BTW and the return pump

Thanks so much guys
Progression of the tank will dictate what you put in there. Generally it's a product to deal with water clarity, or nitrate and/or phosphate reduction.

VintageReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A good mix would be

Filter floss - additional mechanical that’s easy and cheap to replace

Chemipure bag - they sell in bags based on tank size

Matrix media or something similar. Not bio balls

tomtheturkey

Reef Wizard
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have this exact tank
I have the socks on
I just run ceramic rings in media bags on both sides occasionally will run one 5oz chemi pure blue

Devisissy

Kiss My Wrasse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I as a former JBJ AIO owner can tell you, you will never be satisfied with what you can run in the back chamber. It will always be a push and pull of what fits versus what you need. Chemipure is such a waste of money. It would be substantially cheaper to run GFO, carbon, and purigen separate than all together. After years of messing with it, intank media baskets, different gadgets I ended up just using filter socks and a tunze skimmer. It was cheap. When needed I hung a two fishes reactor with carbon, but ended up using it less than less. Not trying to be a debbie downer I just personally found the AIO to be a real pain for what I wanted to do.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quality carbon and filter pads are all you need. A phosphate remover can be added if that becomes an issue.

ReefingDreams

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. You add different media as needed. Running carbon all the time will have an impact on your trace elements (especially in a nano). If you don't have NO3 and/or PO4 problems, you don't want to add something to strip your nutrients further. GFO is also known to strip trace elements. Really sounds like you're trying to do too much without having a need for any of it.

You're better off asking the question when you have a problem you need to solve as opposed to doing something just because you want to.

Periodically throw some carbon in for water polishing. That's about it.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing. You add different media as needed. Running carbon all the time will have an impact on your trace elements (especially in a nano). If you don't have NO3 and/or PO4 problems, you don't want to add something to strip your nutrients further. GFO is also known to strip trace elements. Really sounds like you're trying to do too much without having a need for any of it.

You're better off asking the question when you have a problem you need to solve as opposed to doing something just because you want to.

Periodically throw some carbon in for water polishing. That's about it.

I don't know of any evidence that carbon in a reef tank will do much to trace elements and the removal of pheromones and pollutants in the water is far more important.

moretor1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Thanks so much guys
I just use a filter pad to catch all the big chunks and the rest of my chambers are full of chaeto.

Even the return pump chamber

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 118 58.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back