Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tanks been up for 6 weeks now used turbo start twice
Started vibrant regiment a week ago
Purple helix pink fusion regiment starts in a week
Have done two 10% water changes
Added my first softies
-gsp- pulsing xanxia -and some zoa's-and a feather duster.
Have one britel star one peppermint shrimp one pincushion urchine .
Dosed lugol's solution and polyp extender upon adding the softies .
My main question ⁉️⁉️⁉️ is when and what do I change out In my filter
Should I just Rinse the sponge out when I do water changes and swipe the carbon out then .what seems to be your all's process

IMG_20210301_070510_HDR.jpg IMG_20210301_070219.jpg

stanlalee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you referring to the factory filter or do you have media in the middle chamber? I use factory filters I buy in multiple quantities off of Amazon. I carefully pull up the top layer all the way down the first 3 compartments (I leave the lowest one alone), dump 80% of the factory carbon and replace it with a mix of Rox 0.8 carbon, wet GFO (Rowaphos or Pura Phoslock.The dry ones are too dusty) and a little bit of the factory carbon then carefully super glue the the top layer back on. I change it about every 2 weeks. Center section has permanent seachem matrix which never gets touched. There is more porous media available but I wanted something hard that doesn't come apart over time. I have a biocube 14 though. Also have the biocube 5w UV but not sure it does much.

OP
OP
Jeremy hall

Jeremy hall

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you referring to the factory filter or do you have media in the middle chamber? I use factory filters I buy in multiple quantities off of Amazon. I carefully pull up the top layer all the way down the first 3 compartments (I leave the lowest one alone), dump 80% of the factory carbon and replace it with a mix of Rox 0.8 carbon, wet GFO (Rowaphos or Pura Phoslock.The dry ones are too dusty) and a little bit of the factory carbon then carefully super glue the the top layer back on. I change it about every 2 weeks. Center section has permanent seachem matrix which never gets touched. There is more porous media available but I wanted something hard that doesn't come apart over time. I have a biocube 14 though. Also have the biocube 5w UV but not sure it does much.
I only use the factor cartridge on the top to kinda skim the large stuff
Directly under is a large bio spunge I bought followed by phosban checimpure and then carbon add on bag and in the very bottom I have small ceramic bioballs in a large net bag
What should get rinsed and replaced with my water changed

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 19.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back