32g biocube: newbie/ starting over

cjane

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 4, 2023
Messages
4
Reaction score
1
Location
Wilmington
What state or country do you live in
North Carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years later I'm starting over new... Newbie to a reef tank... When I had a salt tank set up years ago, I only had fish.. but this time,I have decided to set up a reef. I will say Im a little nervous about coarls- adding corals, placements, and healthy levels....
But just one day at a time. I have a 32 g biocube with live rock/sand. I'm testing/ water change every Sunday.
Currently I only have a pair of clowns.( I never had clowns in my last tank/ I love them and don't know why I didn't).
Interesting tho- I noticed that one of my live rocks had something growing, which turned out to be GSP.. well I was able to remove it from the rock and place on frag plugs for now so I can think about putting them on there separate rock..
Anywho- I'm still gonna wait until next month before I actually go out and purchase frags- there is a convenient that is being held in a Town 3 hours away-so I will purchase some Zoas- or other soft corals.

But question:
what does everyone keep their reef parameters at?
Anyone near the Wilmington NC area?
And/or know any clubs or frag swaps/event going on in the NC /SC area ?

NICE TO MEET EVERYONE!

PXL_20230212_212234394.jpg
 
I , like many, put gsp clippings low on the back wall. Now the whole thing is covered in it, one giant carpet.
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!! Tank is off to a good start so far, curious to see how it'll progress!!!
 
@cjane welcome! So lots of different resources for what water parameters to use. I’m attaching a link to one from World Wide Corals. They also have a lot of other great information that Ive found helpful. Don’t let the title mislead you. It talks about parameters.

https://wwc-help-center.gorgias.hel...it-before-adding-corals-to-my-reef-tank-40890
Thank you. These parameters are what I was thinking. Good news tho, I been making sure I am stable and within the numbers.
 
I , like many, put gsp clippings low on the back wall. Now the whole thing is covered in it, one giant carpet.
I was thinking of doing that but not 100% sure if I really want to yet or have a small island to itself..
 
Welcome to Reef2Reef!! Tank is off to a good start so far, curious to see how it'll progress!!!
Thank you. Hopefully some things will change and turn out to be a good reef.
 
Any update on your tank?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new