32g biocube: newbie/ starting over

cjane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Years later I'm starting over new... Newbie to a reef tank... When I had a salt tank set up years ago, I only had fish.. but this time,I have decided to set up a reef. I will say Im a little nervous about coarls- adding corals, placements, and healthy levels....
But just one day at a time. I have a 32 g biocube with live rock/sand. I'm testing/ water change every Sunday.
Currently I only have a pair of clowns.( I never had clowns in my last tank/ I love them and don't know why I didn't).
Interesting tho- I noticed that one of my live rocks had something growing, which turned out to be GSP.. well I was able to remove it from the rock and place on frag plugs for now so I can think about putting them on there separate rock..
Anywho- I'm still gonna wait until next month before I actually go out and purchase frags- there is a convenient that is being held in a Town 3 hours away-so I will purchase some Zoas- or other soft corals.

But question:
what does everyone keep their reef parameters at?
Anyone near the Wilmington NC area?
And/or know any clubs or frag swaps/event going on in the NC /SC area ?

NICE TO MEET EVERYONE!

PXL_20230212_212234394.jpg

mike550

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

colejr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I , like many, put gsp clippings low on the back wall. Now the whole thing is covered in it, one giant carpet.

OP
OP
cjane

cjane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@cjane welcome! So lots of different resources for what water parameters to use. I’m attaching a link to one from World Wide Corals. They also have a lot of other great information that Ive found helpful. Don’t let the title mislead you. It talks about parameters.

Thank you. These parameters are what I was thinking. Good news tho, I been making sure I am stable and within the numbers.

OP
OP
cjane

cjane

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I , like many, put gsp clippings low on the back wall. Now the whole thing is covered in it, one giant carpet.
I was thinking of doing that but not 100% sure if I really want to yet or have a small island to itself..

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 72 51.1%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • None.

Votes: 31 22.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.4%
Back